1st August 2020, 11:05 AM
Dona97

Am I eligible for UGC NET with Graduation via regular mode and Post Graduation via distance?

Sir/Madam, I got 47% in my Graduation and I did Post Graduation via distance learning mode and got 58%. In that case am I eligible for UGC NET? When is the upcoming UGC NET examination to be conducted? Has it got postponed due to Corona?

5th August 2020, 09:02 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET with Graduation via regular mode and Post Graduation via distance?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and it is held twice every year by NTA (National Testing Agency) on the behalf of UGC for recruitment of Assistant Professor and JRFs across various recognised university.

Further, the minimum education required to appearing in these examinations is a master's degree ( in your interested paper for teaching) with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having completed your Master's degree course with 58% marks even in distance mode you are eligible to apply for NET provided your university is approved by UGC for offering distance education programme.

Yes, the UGC NET June 2020 has been postponed due to COVID 19 outbreak and no update regarding the same examination is released yet.

For more details and updates regarding the same examination, you can visit its official link www.ntanet.nic.in.
6th August 2020, 07:43 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET with Graduation via regular mode and Post Graduation via distance?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for UGC NET examination after completion of master degree from open university.

The required minimum aggregate to appear in the examination is 55%.

There is no notification regarding the upcoming examination. Wait for the notification to get detail information.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?