15th October 2022, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write for NET exam after MSc Biology?

I am a MSc biology student, can i eligible for write net exam after my postgraduation? Please reply

15th October 2022, 03:18 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write for NET exam after MSc Biology?

Yes,you are eligible for UGC NET environmental science after M.SC in Biotechnology. Eligibility criteria for ugc net environmental science is following: Candidates should have scored aggregate 55% marks in master's degree or other equivalent degree.
15th October 2022, 05:53 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test.University Grants commission conducts this exam twice every year for the selection of candidates for the following posts:

1.Lectureship

2.Junior Research Fellowship.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for this examination is:

-->> Candidate should have minimum of master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

If you have obtained your degree in distance mode then the institution from which you have obtained your degree should be approved by the Distance Education Council.

If it is so then you are definitely eligible for the NET examinations.

You should have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree so as to become eligible for the exam.relaxations of 5% in marks is applicable for the scheduled caste and tribes.

The minimum age limit is 21 years and upper age limit depends upon the post:

>>For example it is 28 years for the JRF.
15th October 2022, 06:10 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NET is conducted by NTA twice in a year. The common eligibilty to appear for the course is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55% aggregate.

There is no upper age limit to appear for the NET examination as lecturer.

So, you can appear for the examination and after qualifying in the exam eligible for selection as lecturer.
15th October 2022, 07:09 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for NET examination:

The basic eligibility criteria required to apply for NET Examination is given below,

Name of the Test - National Eligibility Test

@ To be eligible for this test, candidiates must have completed Master's Degree from a recognized university or institute to be eligible.

@ The minimum percentage required in Post Graduation is 55% Mark's for General Category Candidates. For other candidates from reserved category, percentage required is 50% Mark's.

@ As you are doing M.Sc in Biology, I can say that you are certainly eligible for this test and refer to the below link for more details.

Click here for more details
15th October 2022, 07:23 PM
Aradrika Sharma

If you have scored 55% marks in your M.SC Biology (without rounding off) and your university is recognized by UGC then yes, you can apply for NET exam, easily. Also, 50% marks is for reserved candidates. Age must be within 31 years for JRF and there is no such age limit for Assistant Professor but for Assistant professor an individual needs to clear their PhD level study. There is no limit on attempt for NET JRF exam.

For more details visit the official page of UGC NET which is mention below https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/
15th October 2022, 07:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in CSIR NET in Life Sciences after completion of your M.Sc. in Biology degree course provided you manage to complete your M.Sc. degree with at least 55% marks in an aggregate from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed in case of candidates belonging to reserved category. Candidates can appear in the same examination while pursuing final year of their M.Sc. degree course as well.

For more details regarding CSIR NET, you can refer to the link www.csirnet.nta.nic.in.
15th October 2022, 08:05 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There is no biology as a subject in post graduation, I think you have done in botany or zoology.

The required minimum eligibility to apply for NET is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate and relaxation for the reserved category.

So, you can appear for the examination and after qualifying in the examination eligible for recruitment as Lecturer.
16th October 2022, 11:10 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. After completing MSc in Biology, you are eligible to apply for the NET exam.
The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for this exam is that you must have completed a Master's degree with at least 55% of marks from any recognized University or Institute.
17th October 2022, 07:59 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Those who have secured atleast 55% and above marks in postgraduation or equivalent exam from universities /institution recognised by UGC are eligible.

Thus you are eligible for NET exam.
NET exammis conducted for more than 84 subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?