29th March 2012, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write NET or SLET after doing UG in Physics and PG in MCA?

hi sir
i did my UG in physics and PG in MCA... am i eligible for writing NET or SLET? please reply.... if u have proper link reference means, it will be very helpful for me.......... thanks in advance....

29th March 2012, 08:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write NET or SLET after doing UG in Physics and PG in MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi sir
i did my UG in physics and PG in MCA... am i eligible for writing NET or SLET? please reply.... if u have proper link reference means, it will be very helpful for me.......... thanks in advance....
After completion of your MCA degree you are applicable for NET exam.You are applicable for Computer Science Department.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.There is no restriction for attempts NET exam.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

BEST BOOKS FOR NET EXAM FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT

UGC NET / SLET Computer Science & Guide
by
R. Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2012)

UGC/NET/SLET Computer Science & Applications
by
G. K. P
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2012)

Trueman's UGC NET Computer Science
by
Sanjay Singhal,Sameer Mishra
Publisher: Danika/ Trueman Publishing Company (2010)

UGC NET/SET Lectureship Examination : Compulsory Paper-1
by
Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2010)

UGC University Grants Commission NET/SET For Lectureship Exam (Paper I)
by
Sajit Kumar,M. Gagan
Publisher: Danika Publishing Company (2012)

For online Registration You can visit to http://ugcnetonline.in

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in

For COMPUTER SCIENCE Syllabus CLICK HERE

25th September 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to write NET or SLET after doing UG in Physics and PG in MCA?

i m obc i finish my pg in education with 54.75% can i eligible for net or slet . plz reply soon
29th June 2013, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Bachelors in Commerce and Masters through Ignou in History. Am I eligible to appear for NET/SET exam?
29th June 2013, 09:02 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test and State Eligibility Test both are conducted for the college lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. The NET exam is the central level entrance exam conducted by the University Grants Commission while the SET is state entrance exam.

While each state conducts its own entrance exam the eligibility criteria is the same as for the National Eligibility Test. The NET is conducted twice a year in June and December.

On the other hand SET depends on the state. As per the requirement, states decide to conduct it once or twice. For example Maharashtra conducts SET twice while the neighboring Gujarat conducts it only once.

MCA degree holders are eligible for the National Eligibility Test and SET. But it is important that you have completed the course from UGC recognized college. If not then you won't be allowed to appear.

The post graduation degree alone is not sufficient enough to get appear for the National Eligibility Test. You also have to meet the percentage criteria. There are other requirements as well that I am mentioning below. Please check them carefully.

NET Eligibility

1. You should have Indian citizenship for NET.

2. Any post graduation degree is sufficient to apply.

3. At least 55 percent marks in qualifying course.

4. SC/ST will need 50 percent marks.

5. Even final year students of post graduation can appear for it.

6. But if passed it, they should be able to submit degree in 2 years.

7. Computer Science and Applicants will be your subject for NET.

8. To apply for JRF, you should not be over 28 years.

9. However OBC can apply up to 31 years.

10. SC/ST can apply till 33 years.

11. The lower age limit for lectureship is 19 years.

12. There is no upper age limit.

13. There is no limit on number of attempts.
30th June 2013, 01:30 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
hi sir
Yes,you will be elig8ible to apply for U8GC-NET exam after completing your Graduation in Physics and Post Graduation in computer Application.Fow important conditions that you will have to meet are as follows :
  • Your MCA degree should be from recognized university .
  • If you belong from the General/OBC category then your minimum marks in MCA should be 55%.
  • If you belong from the SC/ST category then your minimum marks in MCA should be 50%.
Note :
  • If you will apply for Junior Research Fellowship then your age should not be above 28 years.
  • If you will apply for Lectureship Exam,then there is No Age Limit.
Exam Structure for UGC-NET

Paper I
  • It will contain 60 questions.
  • Total duration of this paper will be 1 hour and 20 minutes.
  • You will have to solve only 50 questions.
Paper II
  • It will include 50 questions and you will have to solve all questions.
  • Total duration for this section will be 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Paper III

• In this paper there will be total of 75 questions and all questions will be conventional type.
  • Total duration for this section will be 2 hour and 30 minutes.
Previous years questions paper has been attached with this post.Please refer it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ugc-net cs1.pdf(171.6 KB, 93 views)
File Type: pdf ugc-net cs2.pdf(171.5 KB, 103 views)
30th June 2013, 11:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed MCA with 55% marks then you are definitely eligible for UGC NET.

For SC/ST/PWD only 50% marks is enough to become eligible for UGC NET.

So you can apply if you fulfill the above criteria for UGC NET.

Age Limit:

For Lecturership - No upper age limit

For Junior Research Fellowship - below 28 years(relaxation is available for reserved category)

Exam Pattern:

There will be 3 papers in UGC NET and you have to appear for all of them.

-Paper I 60 questions out of which 50 question to be attempted of 1¼ Hours duration

-Paper II 50 questions all are compulsory of 1¼ Hours duration

-Paper III 75 questions all are compulsory of 2½ Hours duration

There will be no negative marking means you can attempt with no fear.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
1st July 2013, 12:08 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi sir

Dear Aspirant,

$$ As you have completed your MCA that is ( Master of Computer Application ) the Master Degree in the computer Science then you can definitely eligible for the NET Computer Science exam...

$$ NET stands for the National Eligibility Test, Exam is conducted for those candidate who want to do their Ph.d degree by the University Grant Commission twice time in years.....

This exam is conducted for the two post:-

• Junior Research Fellowship and
  • Lecturer Post

Eligibility and Criteria:-

$$ A candidate after completing their Post Graduation degree in any Discipline or Master Degree in any of Discipline from the UGC Recognized Universities can apply for this exam....

$$ A candidate must have secure at least 50% in their Master's degree. Relaxation for the SC/ST category applicable 45%....

$$ If you are applying for the JRF Post then age of candidate should not exist more then 28 years....

$$ For Lecturer post there is no any Age limit for applying....

$$ Relaxation for the OBC up to 3 years applicable....

$$ For SC/ST it is up to 5 years applicable.....

$$ Here i have attached full Syllabus of the NET SLET examination.....

$$ Check it out....

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Syllabus for NET.PDF(649.6 KB, 111 views)
29th October 2014, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i had completed b.a. english literature in distance education, my percentage 52%, now i am doing m.a. english literature can i write net exam
29th October 2014, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i had completed b.a english in distance education and my percentage is 52% now i am doing m.a english can i write net exam?
30th November 2015, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Am I elgible to write net after doing regular ug in history pg in English distance mode
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?