28th April 2015, 03:48 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write UPSC exams if I have passed B.Sc physical science without any hons?

Am I eligible to write UPSC exams if I have passed B.Sc physical science without any hons? Can someone let me know the eligibility criteria which is followed for the exam? If not eligible what should I do? I really wanted to write the exam somehow. Please help!

Related Questions:
  1. Course which is better between BSc applied physical science electronics and BSc Instrumentation Hons?
  2. Difference between BSc Physical Science and BSc Hons?
  3. Which course is better between BSc Physical Science and BSc Hons Maths for teaching line?
  4. Am I eligible to appear for UPSC Exams being a candidate pursuing B.Sc in Nautical Science?
  5. Am I eligible to write UPSC exam while in 9th standard?
  6. What is the scope after BSc Applied Physical Science?
  7. Am I eligible for DSC school assistant in physical science after passing BSc and MSc in physics and B.Ed
  8. How to write Bank exam after doing BSc CS 2nd year
  9. Which are the entrance exams for Biology students/
  10. Am I eligible to become a IAS officer? I have passed BSc with Maths hons
  11. For which PG degree am I eligible after passing BSc from DU? Can I do Honors course after BSc or BSc Physics Science?
  12. Am I eligible to appear for M.Stat Entrance Exam being a candidate having passed B.Sc in Maths Honors?
  13. How can I take admission in BSc 3rd Maths? I have passed BSc Hons
  14. Am I eligible for CSS exam after passing BSc Science with 58.% at an age of 22 years?
  15. Which is more preferable for doing PhD in astronomy and astrophysics, either B.Sc(physics hons) or B.Sc(physical science)?
  16. Can i write the upsc exam, I am instrumentation and control engineering final year student? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am i eligible to write TET exam after completing BSc microbiology under Bharathiar University
  18. Am i eligible for TET entrance exam after completing BSc Biochemistry and B.Ed Physical Science
28th April 2015, 01:15 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write UPSC exams if I have passed B.Sc physical science without any hons?

Yes, you are eligible to write UPSC exam after completion of your graduation.

UPSC conducts various exams for civil services, engineering services,defense services and many more every year in India.

The eligibility criteria required for most of the UPSC exams are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
28th April 2015, 05:01 PM
poojasingh151

Default Re: Am I eligible to write UPSC exams if I have passed B.Sc physical science without any hons?

UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission. There are so many exams conducted by the UPSC.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the exams which require bachelor's degree as minimum qualification.

Some of the UPSC exams for which you are eligible:

~~Civil Services examination.

The age limit is 21-30 years with upper age relaxed for reserved categories.

~~Combined Defense Services.

The age limit is 19-25 years.

~~Central Armed police Force exam.

The age limit is 20-25 years.

For more details regarding these exams, visit www.upsc.gov.in.
28th April 2015, 05:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to write UPSC exams if I have passed B.Sc physical science without any hons? Can someone let me know the eligibility criteria which is followed for the exam? If not eligible what should I do? I really wanted to write the exam somehow. Please help!
Yes, you are eligible for UPSC Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for UPSC Civil Service exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for Civil Service exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?