7th March 2010, 05:25 PM
coldblooded

Any alternate qualifying exams for applying to btech other than 12th?

i did xii in 2009 wid bad perce nt upto 60%.want to seek admission in b.tech.i dropped this year so as to reappear 4 xii but by mistake my uncle filled for improvement bt recently i screwed phy paper...i wanna knw is there any way to appear for any such examination which will be equivalent to the qualifying examination required for b.tech programmes and produces results by the end of june.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz helllllllppppp.........

8th March 2010, 01:31 PM
asish
Senior Member+

Default Re: Any alternate qualifying exams for applying to btech other than 12th?

dear friend
there is no other way other than the improvement exam
sorry
8th March 2010, 06:06 PM
charumat

Default Re: Any alternate qualifying exams for applying to btech other than 12th?

NIOS is an open school program that of offer
provision for doing 12 th std. exam and that is considered
11th March 2010, 03:25 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hi.........
there are no other option.......but if you get admission in b.tech directly in bangalore................or you can go through polytechnic and also after 2 years diploma............
14th March 2010, 06:27 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Hey friend,
There is no any alternative exam except 12th.
You must have to give the exam of 12th.

O k
All the best
14th March 2010, 10:55 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

you dont have any other qualifying exams .. but you can go for diploma course for 2years and after that you can join btech
15th March 2010, 05:11 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend,
as you have not done your class 12th the........
then you can enrol your name for the diploma course .....
and after that you can do the betch courses ,other than these there is no options.

best of luck.
31st March 2010, 09:59 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friend
you should do diploma after 10th and then you can apply for b.tech
but for this you will have to give the entrance exam then you can take
directly admission in 2nd year through lateral entry.
it is the only way to get into the b.tech.

all the best.
15th April 2010, 03:40 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
there is only one alternative to that.you can appear for Diploma after 10th which is 3 year course then you can directly apply to engineering college for B.Tech in 2nd year through Lateral entry.
good luck.
15th January 2011, 07:21 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Dear,
According to me-

Thanks.
16th January 2011, 12:17 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Any alternate qualifying exams for applying to btech other than 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldblooded View Post
i did xii in 2009 wid bad perce nt upto 60%.want to seek admission in b.tech.i dropped this year so as to reappear 4 xii but by mistake my uncle filled for improvement bt recently i screwed phy paper...i wanna knw is there any way to appear for any such examination which will be equivalent to the qualifying examination required for b.tech programmes and produces results by the end of june.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz helllllllppppp.........
Dear friend,
You can get admission in b.tech after politechnic diploma course,in this case b.tech would be 2 year course...
16th January 2011, 09:46 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
sorry but there is no other way
u can join diplma program which will be best to btech after completing diploma
best of luck
16th January 2011, 10:51 AM
shubham957

Quote:
there is only one alternate left. you can take admission in a btech college directly without giving any entrance exam. all the institutes have some seats in management quota. students can get admission by doing management councelling. in this way you will not get a good college but atleast you will get admission in btech college. or you can take admission in lovely professional university.
16th January 2011, 11:08 AM
techi

do polytechnic(diploma) ,then you can get admission in b.tech.
16th January 2011, 11:27 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

i think for appearing b.tech exam other than 12th class, equivalent exam is Diploma..

but for that a person can do after 10th and even for that you need to write entrance and do it for three years of Diploma and can get seat directly into 2nd year of B.tech ..

Rather than doing diploma for 3 year and doing b.tech better to write improvement test and try for b.tech !!
16th January 2011, 11:43 AM
shri20raj
Junior Member+

There is no any alternative exam except 12th.
You must have to give the exam of 12th.
According to me-
16th January 2011, 12:24 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

apply for diploma course .. you can easily get it .. after finishing that apply for b,tech . this is one of the easiest way to enter into b.tech at the same time you will gain knowledge.
16th January 2011, 04:38 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

You have to complete your 10+2 exam in order to be elligible for B.Tech.
You may also go for diploma since it requires only 10th.
After 3 years of Diploma you may try in some colleges for degree.
16th January 2011, 05:30 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

You can go through the diploma course if your not interested to clear up your 12th scheme.The polytechnic course is some what similar to the B.Tech course except its a three year course.You have all the subjects which you have in the B.tech course except the study is not so depth.

In the polytechnic course you can choose subject of your interest like:-
Electrical,Computer Science,Mechanical,Electronics and Telecommunication...etc

After going through polytechnic you can have a direct entry(lateral entry) into the second year of the Engineering course through a common entrance test conducted only for the Polytechnic candidates.So,choose the subject of your interest.Having a polytechnic course will be really helpful.
16th January 2011, 05:36 PM
rkhamkar89

Quote:
passing 12th with a fair score and then passing the CET exam is essential to get into b.tech. so you need to work hard for the same and clear both because other than 12th standard only diploma passed students can apply for the same.
16th January 2011, 06:25 PM
mishra245

The basic qualification is 12th standard.
but for the admission in B.tech the Diploma degree is also acceptable.
This diploma degree is direct admission in IInd year of B.tech.
You can apply for the state engineering exam for this Degree and also contact to the direct by college authority.
30th March 2011, 06:12 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,

Thanks
31st March 2011, 10:42 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Sorry dear, you have only two ways either improvement exam or open school.
11th June 2011, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

do we require MHT-CET for b tech in biotechnoloy
11th June 2011, 06:06 PM
sourindra

no, there is no other option for you. You must have to give the 12th exam.
20th October 2011, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

can i get a B.TECH certificate in one chance exam?
20th October 2011, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

can i get a B.TECH certificate in one chance exam?
21st October 2011, 10:28 AM
tejesh_09

To apply for B. Tech engineering you should be Diploma holder in any technical subject which can be made after 10th standard if you have not completed 12th. After Diploma you can get admission through lateral entry to IInd year B. Tech courses through entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?