2nd May 2019, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Availability of jobs in Genetics field in India and types of companies recruiting such candidates?

Sir, I have completed my M.Sc Genetics and Plant Breeding with first class. So, I want to get a job. How can I get a job in this field? How can apply for jobs? In type of companies should I try for jobs? How much can I expect as a fresher?

27th May 2019, 06:38 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Availability of jobs in Genetics field in India and types of companies recruiting such candidates?

It is good that you have completed M.Sc in Genetics and looking for job opportunities. There is a great demand now for people who completed Genetics course because this industry does not have sufficient people.

Soon after completion of this course, you can find job opportunities in
-Hospitals
-Plant Breeding Companies
-Pharmaceutical Companies
-Research Institutes
-Agricultural firms
-Colleges/Universities etc.

Some companies will hire candidates directly from colleges by conducting campus placements through certain selection process like
Written Exam
Interview

Some other companies will release opportunities time to time and you need to apply for the same and should apply for the Interview at the company.

My suggestion would be to prepare a good Resume with including all your
-Projects done
-Achievements
-Skill set etc.
and upload it in job portals.

Update your profile on daily basis and obviously you will come to know about the job opportunities information through mails. Also the Employers will call you with job details.

You can apply for the jobs as per your interest and crack the respective selection procedure.

For Freshers, usually a salary of Rs.20000-Rs.25000/- will be offered. If you have done your Graduation also in Genetics, then you can expect a better salary than this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?