15th May 2010, 07:33 PM
vishalgoyal

Is it beneficial to do M.Tech after B.Tech computer science to get into R&D sector?

hi...i am in 3rd year computer science. please tell me, is it beneficial to do M Tech after B Tech from computer science when one wants to go in R&D sector.

15th May 2010, 08:58 PM
herpreet singh

Location: herpreet singh s/o sr. kuljeet singh 215/371 harjeet bhawan bhashirat ganj lucknow -226004
Default Re: Is it beneficial to do M.Tech after B.Tech computer science to get into R&D sector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalgoyal View Post
hi...i am in 3rd year computer science. Please tell me, is it beneficial to do m tech after b tech from computer science when one wants to go in r&d sector.
hi
i wana tell u that u r doing c.s then u have 2 do m.tech after that if its from iit then it will more benificial ok & there have to go for mba on the behalf of that it will be more benificial yar i think its ur life uahve 2 choose it where u have to go .........
16th May 2010, 10:20 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to do M.Tech after B.Tech computer science to get into R&D sector?

There are two options for you if you want to go to R&D field.

1. After Btech join institutions like VSSC or DRDO or write Indian engineering service to get into good organisations. After a couple of years, usually they will send you for Mtech program if you are a good performer.
2. Write Gate and have a very good score so that you can get into top Mtech programs offered by IIT's or NIT's. You can get direct entry to a reputed R&D organisation through campus placement
16th May 2010, 10:55 AM
jashankoshal

yes it will be very much beneficial if you do mtech and that to from good college or university..like all iit, nits and all...
16th May 2010, 11:37 AM
danish_ejaz

ya it is beneficial to go for m.tech after b.tech as you are going to do masters on certain subjects which you have already read in b.tech and some other subjects also. that will help you to establish yourself in R&D.
16th May 2010, 12:30 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hi,
yes,there are so much benefit after m.tech.you can get more respective job than after doing b.tech.you can earn more money.there is a chance to go aboard.
so as per my opinion,it is more beneficial to do m.tech after b.tech.

all the best.
16th May 2010, 05:31 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
hi...i am in 3rd year computer science. please tell me, is it beneficial to do M Tech after B Tech from computer science when one wants to go in R&D sector.
Hello

It is better to do the M.Tech then the Ph.D in the same stream by which you can get in to the R&D easily as a scientist cadre or a research associate which is a high pay offering job, both in the private and the government sectors.
All the Best !!!!!!!!!!!!
17th May 2010, 12:58 PM
sanjusays

no it is not necessary....for getting into r&d field you must either have work ex after btech/be or you have good chances of getting directly after doing mtech/me......
20th May 2010, 08:14 AM
Harshita21

Not necessary to do M.Tech you can directly go in R & D after clearing exam for research institutes like ISRO,Ph.d.
M.tech is option for higher studies not for research.
25th May 2010, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

hi friends,

i am sagar, i have completed b.tech in cs so plz suggest me, wat should i do to get good salary job?

Thanks,
26th May 2010, 01:38 PM
Harshita21

do MBA from best institute of india then you get your dream job with the salary you want. For good salary & job in any sector you have to do hard work . Whether it is commerce side or arts side.

the concept is whether do M.tech or join r & D sector or do MBA you need hard work+ smart work

good luck
27th May 2010, 03:49 AM
sanjusays

Doing MBA from the best institute isn't enough to get a good salary....if that was the case every IIM-A graduate would have got salary in excess of 15 lac...But thats not the case the average salary of IIM -A is around 17 lac,considering that many students get salary way beyond the average salary many students will get salary much less than the average salary to balance out the equation.....Determination+hard work+sincerity guarantee money and success and nothing else........
30th May 2010, 03:49 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

after b.tech as you are going to do masters on certain subjects which you have already read in b.tech and some other subjects also. that will help you to establish yourself in R&D.you can earn more money.there is a chance to go aboard.
3rd June 2010, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Dear friends india is such a country where u can find more ambitious people. u might have seen that if any person had suceeded in particular stream and he earns lot of money all the other people start following him, this means that suppose if any person had got succeded by doing MBA the other person also decides to do MBA beacause he is earning lot of money,but it might be different in his case. so dont just look the success of other person and go in that way as it may be different in ur case , so just make sure in wat stream ur perfect and make a good decision according to ur intrest . so wish u all the best.
4th June 2010, 01:13 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Its totally your choice what you wanna do. But i would recommend you to go for MTech so that you can increase your knowledge further and so can get a good job if you do MTech in CS.

So choose wisely
4th June 2010, 10:08 AM
Ankit kumar dhanker

It depends on you that what you want to do any way it is very beneficial for you & you should go for it work hard and make a good score in gate to get a good college
4th June 2010, 11:59 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear,

it depends upon your chice.
if u want to go in research field than you can go for m.tech as higher studies but if want good packages than you should go for mba.

best of luck...!!
||satish||
4th June 2010, 02:39 PM
anu132

Quote:
Yes ofcourse it is beneficial to do M-tech after B-tech in computer science..but if you want to go for a good college for M-tech programme like IITs,NITs then you should score good in the GATE exam..after that you can
get direct entry to a reputed R&D organisation through campus placement...

BEST OF LUCK....
4th June 2010, 02:57 PM
lonelyryan

if u want to enter in r&d sector then the best thing is to do m tech from reputed institutes.........
4th June 2010, 05:47 PM
help100%

Look if you want to do R&D then you have to do M.Tech only,because you are going in the field of evolution and innovation of your subject .So, you have to gather and know as much knowledge as you can about your subject.So, for getting more information about it you have know the matter at its root.So, better opt for M.tech and do it full heartedly because if you don't love or like it ,the subject is not going to return you any fruit full solution .So, better opt for M.tech and try to take admission in reputed and prestigious colleges/institutes like IITs,NITs,etc. So ,that right there you will get that type of atmosphere and ambiance for your work to do and right there the opportunities and prospects are also high unlike other institutes.

Best of Luck,
help100%
4th June 2010, 06:17 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Is it beneficial to do M.Tech after B.Tech computer science to get into R&D sector?

Quote:
Doing mtech is beneficial only if you are doing it from a good reputed college.
You should give gate exam with good preparation, which will get you into iit or nit.
Then you can enter into r&d sector very easily even campus placement is very much possible
all the best
7th June 2010, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

hi..I am 4th year IT student.I am interested in doing higher studies.But i am confused whether to do my higher studies after B.Tech or after 2 years experience in industry? and also which is good? M.tech from IITs or M.S from foreign universities..
8th June 2010, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

hi m thiru..i hav finished B.E (computer science & Engg)..i m going to do M.Tech...which major will be having good scope next to computer science & Engg...waiting for ur reply..
10th June 2010, 01:06 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

The course of M.Tech in computer Science offers wide job prospects in future. you will gets job in I.T and software firms and there are various private as well as government sector jobs available in the market. So, it is beneficial to do M.Tech after B.Tech computer science to get into R&D sector.............
13th June 2010, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

if u have knowledge in technical field then u can do m-tech ........or u r interested in mba then do mba better than m-tech ..............but dont see others achievements they are perfect in their profession but u calculate where in u perfect it may be m-tech ,mba ,research ,politics ,animation any thing just go away ..........salary,money is not importance ur heart satisfaction is more important ........k DONT LISTEN DISCOURAGE WORDS FROM UR FRNDS AND NEIGHBOURS .....JUST GO WITH UR DECISION..
....................."ALL THE BEST"
1st July 2010, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

for good salary job which field is more efficient after b.tech for general catagory student???
17th July 2010, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

i m computer science student in 3rd year. but i want to work in it companies not to do teaching....
is m.tech useful for me.????? is there preference to m.tech people in it companies??????
15th August 2010, 06:49 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

ello dear

you see, if you are interested to work with your field then you must do mtech.

specially if you want to do research oriented jobs, then MTech is compulsary.

but if you are not interested to work in your engineering field, then it is essential to do MBA.

but one things you shoud remember, for getting promotion in company, MBA is essentially required.

all the best........
16th August 2010, 02:49 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes, it may be beneficial if you do M.tech after B.TECH .

by doing so you are getting much more advantage in R& D sector.

so always try to do higher education.

best of luck.
16th August 2010, 11:34 AM
jiyaa

dear student,
after compelting b.tech in cs,i think mba will be a better option ,so u should start preparation for CAT, MAT.It will provide u more job oppurtinity.
best of luck
2nd September 2010, 11:58 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Of course it will add a lot to your qualification...and R&D department is growing lightning fast in our country...so good luck !!
14th October 2010, 06:09 PM
mseetharamster

Yes it must to do masters if you want to enter research field.
18th October 2010, 12:26 AM
vik111

Thumbs up Re: Is it beneficial to do M.Tech after B.Tech computer science to get into R&D sector?

Dear,

yes it is beneficial to do M.tech to go in R&D department.

other wise you can go into DRDO or ONGC FOR YOUR AIM.

ALL THE BEST
20th October 2010, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I am viswanath. I did my btech in 2009 and I presently working for a software company. I want to persue m.tech with two years of experiance. Is it a good idea. how it gives a turn for my carrer..
8th November 2010, 08:07 PM
chandana Reddy

hi....
if you are technically good then you can take up MTECH and then go for research...this would help you to have a good career..

good luck
31st March 2011, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

hi.. m placed in three companies should i go for mtech?
23rd April 2011, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

am doing btech 3rd year in cse...i have technical skills but i cant afford for higher education.....is it better to do a job or do mtech?where does the difference lies?
1st May 2011, 12:09 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

1. After Btech join institutions like VSSC or DRDO or write Indian engineering service to get into good organisations. After a couple of years, usually they will send you for Mtech program if you are a good performer.
2. Write Gate and have a very good score so that you can get into top Mtech programs offered by IIT's or NIT's. You can get direct entry to a reputed R&D organisation through campus placement
4th May 2011, 03:22 PM
rakeshsinghoffice

I have around 4 year experience in IT field and want to do M.tec to come in teaching field.Is it right choice ?
15th August 2011, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

I have done M.SC IT and now I want to Join M.Tech..Is M.Tech Beneficial for me or not ?
18th April 2012, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Hi All,

I am a network engineer with work exp of 8 years and i am doing Mtech(full Time)as i work in evening shift.Could someone tell me what are the better prospectus for me.

I am ok with teaching job once i am having 15 years of exp in IT industry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?