14th October 2020, 12:07 PM
Akshay ss

Best subject to study in BE for an IPS aspirant?

Sir, it is my dream to become an IPS Officer. I am interested to study CSE in my BE program. But my doubt is, which subject is best for studying in BE to become an IPS Officer? Please let me know immediately.

23rd October 2020, 12:51 PM
Sharath Rai

Default Re: Best subject to study in BE for an IPS aspirant?

To be very honest, I have done my graduation in Physics. Actually this is totally different field from that you have asked me. Still I will try my best to answer this.
Basically the subject selection mainly depends on the interest of candidate. However few points to be noted is:
1.Select a subject, their core concept is well known to you.
2.Choose an subject that you are comfortable to study for many years without gets bored.
3.Along with subject, read newspaper everyday and improve your General Knowledge.
The engineering optionals in official syllabus of UPSC are Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering. If you are good at these subjects I have a solid command on them. Then don't think for anything else, pick them and polish them according to the competition, nothing could be better than that.
All d best...
24th October 2020, 07:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become IPS Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

It is conducted in three stages. Candidates with bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear in the examination. So, you can pursue any stream.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to become eligible to appear in the examination or select the optional paper for Mains ( stage II ) examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th October 2020, 03:49 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and these IPS Officers are recruited through Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC exam every year.

To be eligible for this exam, you should have completed graduation in any field and in any subject from a recognized University.

So, if you are pursuing BE then you can complete it with any stream you wish to study. If you wish to study Computer Science, then you can go ahead. There will be no impact.

In the final year of graduation, you can apply for Civil Services Exam.

There will be three stages to crack it:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?