25th October 2011, 03:13 PM
sami hydro

Best universities offering Petroleum or Mining Engineering? What is the entry requirements?

what's the best university offering petroleum or minning engineering? what's are the entry requirements needed? and what should i do if i want to join there?

Related Questions:
  1. List of best universities offering Diploma in Petroleum Engineering in India? -- [New]
  2. Eligibility criteria for M.Tech in Petroleum engineering after B.Tech in Mining engineering?
  3. List of colleges offering M.Tech(Petroleum Engineering)? Procedure to get admission?
  4. Requirements to get admission in Anna University to study B.Tech(Mining Engineering) for Diploma student?
  5. List of universities in Germany offering MS in automobile fields? What are the requirements I need to fulfill?
  6. Diploma in Plastics and Mould Technology student can get admission in B.Tech Petrochemical or Petroleum engineering through lateral entry?
  7. Fee structure of B.E courses? List of courses offered in B.E?
  8. Is it necessary to answer GRE to take up PG in Germany for Mechanical Engineering? Which tests do I need to take up? List of universities offering the course and their requirements?
  9. Universities offering 1/2 year mining diploma course through distance education? Eligibility to apply for the course? List of colleges offering the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Colleges offering Diploma in Mining Engineering at Johannesburg?
  11. Can Diploma Mining students find job in petroleum sector?
  12. Universities offering 1/2 year mining diploma course through distance education? What is the eligibility criteria?
  13. Scope in Marine, Petrochemical/Petroleum and Mining Engineering courses?
  14. How to do diploma in engineering(Petroleum)? Which are the best universies?
  15. B.tech in petroleum Engineering after completing diploma in petrochemical?
  16. Universities offering 1/2 year mining diploma course through distance education? Eligibility to apply for the course? List of colleges offering the course?
  17. Private companies offering recruitment to Mining Engineer in India?
  18. Possibilities to get an offer for study Abroad?
6th June 2012, 10:47 AM
GEORGE JOSEPH V

Smile Re: Best universities offering Petroleum or Mining Engineering? What is the entry requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami hydro View Post
what's the best university offering petroleum or minning engineering? what's are the entry requirements needed? and what should i do if i want to join there?

DEAR FRIEND,

MINING ENGINEERING

CAREER IN MINING ENGINEERING

Mining Engineers are responsible for locating natural reserves of minerals, petroleum and other useful natural substances, and then to lay out plans, devices shafts, inclines or quarries for the safe extraction of these resources, whether they be coal, petroleum, metallic or non-metallic minerals, from under the earth. The safety measures needed to be taken have to be carefully chalked out, keeping in mind the workers health, welfare and safety.

Necessary Qualifications

A degree in mining engineering and a certificate from the Director General of Mines and Safety, Dhanbad, is a must.

Job Opportunities

Most jobs for mining engineers are with the government and public sector organizations such as the Indian Bureau of Mines, Geological Survey of India, and mining companies such as CIL (Coal India Ltd.), IPCL, HCL, Neyvelli Lignite Corporation, etc.

Mining engineers can also find work with some private sector mining companies, or in teaching and research.

1)Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - 826004

2)Orissa School O Mining, Keonjhar 758001

3)Maharashtra Vivesvaraya Regional Engineering College, Nagpur 440011

4)Golden Valley Institute of Technology, Oorgaum, KGF 563120

5) Guru Ghasidas University, Govt. Engg. College, Bilaspur

PETROLEUM ENGINEERING

1) Maharashtra Instt.of Tech.124, Kothurd Road,Pune 411038

2)Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - 826004

HOPE THIS ANSWER WILL HELP YOU A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REGARDS
GEORGE
13th May 2013, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Best universities offering Petroleum or Mining Engineering? What is the entry requirements?

Sir, My son has secured 62Nos. Score in Jee Main and 62% marks in 12th sdt. He belongs to SC Category. may we hope to admission in BE tech. ? Please intimate us on the Mob. No. 9828217406. and also about the admission procedure.
16th June 2013, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Best universities offering Petroleum or Mining Engineering? What is the entry requirements?

sir,i was confused whether to take mining at surathkal or any other course expecting 80000 rank in jee mains and belonging to sc.please guide me.
30th June 2013, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

Sir,what are the requirements in GCSE "O" & GCE "AS" level (London) for International Students to enter for Petroleum Engineering In your universities
23rd August 2013, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

what are the colleges,offering latera intery in mining engg. and the process of taking admision inthat colleges.
9th September 2013, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

sir
i am going to complete my diploma mining engineering this academic year.noe can i join b.tech in the""petrolium branch"".if it's please give me the details of that colleges information.
prefer the andhrapradesh colleges,...............
28th September 2013, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

Which universities in south africa offer a course in petroleum engineering
12th October 2013, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

which universities in africa are the best for petroleum engineering
11th November 2013, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

sir, am a Sierra Leonean living in Sierra Leone. I got my Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from the Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone in the
year 2008. i have been working with the National Roads Authority from year 2009 to date but Sir, i want to proceed a career course in Petroleum at the indian
school of mines,Dhanbad - 826004. My email is [email protected]
26th February 2014, 02:36 AM
Unregistered

Universities in south Africa that offer petroleum engineering
13th March 2014, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

I am pursuing diploma in plastics and mould technology from cipet can I get admission in PETROLEUM branche If yes than how much percentage need in diploma and what are the procedure please contact me on this number 8000158847 I will very thankful
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?