13th February 2019, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Which is better between D.Pharmacy and B.Pharmacy?

What is the difference between a D.Pharmacy course and a B.Pharmacy? What is the duration of each course? Which has better scope in terms of degree value and job opportunities?

15th February 2019, 04:45 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better between D.Pharmacy and B.Pharmacy?

As per my suggestion, you should go for the B.Pharmacy course rather than D.Pharmacy course.

Bachelor of Pharmacy is an undergraduate Pharmacy course. The duration of the Bachelor of Pharmacy course is 4 years. The duration of Diploma in Pharmacy course is 2 years.

Bachelor of Pharmacy is a good choice for your bright future. The job opportunity for you after completing the Bachelor of Pharmacy course is given below.

1. Chemist Shop

2. Health Centres

3. Medical Dispensing Store

4. Pharmaceutical Firms

5. Research Agencies

6. Hospitals

7. Educational Institutes

8. Food and Drug Administration
15th February 2019, 04:46 PM
Umapattapu
Junior Member+

*D.pharm is a diploma course of 2 years after your 12th science , you can finish the degree and have your own medical store or get a job of sales person who can get a average salary around 10k.

B.pharm is a better education in the pharmaceuticals where you will get a bachelor degree and become eligible for M.pharm.

M.pharm is masters degree.

If you have any plans of doing pharmacy then I would like to share few more things.

There is also a pharmacy course called pharma D. Which is a integrated course of 6 years and you can join after your 12th in science. You will be certified with doctor degree.This is more of a clinical practice. The 6 years also include internship in a hospital. This is almost equivalent to B.pharm + M.pharm.You will get to work in hospitals as a counselor, you'll keep the patient history and suggest the medicines.

If you wish to make career as pharmacist in large hospitals or in abroad, this is the best option.

If you are interested in drugs and therapies and join a pharmaceutical industry, B pharm is a good option
15th February 2019, 07:46 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Both B.Pharmacy and D.Pharmacy having a good career. But D.Pharmacy is a diploma course where as B.Pharmacy is a degree level.
After the completion of D Pharmacy the candidate is allowed to apply for B.Pharmacy and then go for M.Pharmacy.
But B.Pharmacy student will directly apply for M.Pharmacy.
15th February 2019, 10:46 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

D Pharmacy:-
D pharmacy or diploma in pharmacy is a two year diploma program and provides the minimum qualification required to become a practicing pharmacist in India.

B Pharmacy:-
B Pharmacy is a 4 years bachelor program that is the undergraduate level in pharmacy and builds a base for wide range of topics in industrial, clinical and community setting.

So, according my knowledge B pharmacy is better than D pharmacy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?