20th June 2011, 01:05 AM
Raw1

Which is better to do between B.Sc (Hons) and BBA if I want to do MBA later?

What, if i want to do mba after b.sc(hons.) in chemistry rather than after bba tell me why and why not i do so.

21st June 2011, 01:28 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better to do between B.Sc (Hons) and BBA if I want to do MBA later?

dear friend,
yes my friend you can go for MBA after completion of your graduation.. but as you want to do MBA ,so my suggestion will be to go for BBA... because after completion of your BBA it will become easier for you to go for MBA as both are business field... the subjects are quit similar... as you are going to do master degree on the same subjects which you have already studied in your graduation...
so go for BBA....
all the best..
21st June 2011, 01:49 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better to do between B.Sc (Hons) and BBA if I want to do MBA later?

We would suggest BBA rather than B.Sc( hons). If you have already set your mind on MBA, then it is always better to learn the basics of MBA. You will be able to gain this knowledge if you do BBA. B.Sc ( hons) in no way was has any relevance when it comes to M.B.A. But if you are really keen on getting you B.Sc hons degree then, there is no harm in going for it and after completing your B.Sc ( hons) you can go for your MBA.
21st June 2011, 03:09 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw1 View Post
What, if i want to do mba after b.sc(hons.) in chemistry rather than after bba tell me why and why not i do so.
Dear Friend,

Both courses are better. But final decision depends up on you choice and interest. Both degree are on high demand in market at present.

Thereafter you cab do MBA/PGDBM as per your interest for betterment and early settlement in life.

Regards,

Ramjash
21st June 2011, 06:46 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

If you want to do MBA later, then better option is go for BBA. BBA is specially designed course to enhance business knowledge of the candidates.

For MBA, candidate should be strong enough in subject knowledge and in communication skills and in addition outside business environment too.

As a part of growth in career after joining in job soon after the completion of MBA depends upon, how effectively you can frame strategies to take lead over the others, and to bring benefits to the organization which is possible if you are sound in subject knowledge and current business trends too.

BBA will definitely helpful for the candidates to be like this.

As per MBAs, demand is high but the supply of qualitative MBAs are lacking. So there is lot of scope for the candidates.
21st June 2011, 07:03 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Your final goal is to do MBA.MBA is related to learning business management ethics.BBA is a course which help you in clearing your basic knowledge of this field.If you complete your BBA and then try for MBA then you would find it very easy to understand the detail meaning of all the concepts in MBA.It will help you in having a detail knowledge of business field.So BBA would be preferable if you want to to do MBA later on.
B.Sc (Hons) is also a very good course.Its a well reputed & very dignified course.It is very good than simple B.Sc as it provides with thorough knowledge of your field.
You can do MBA after B.Sc too but it will be more preferable if you do BBA before MBA.
For doing MBA you will be required to crack the entrance exams like CAT,etc.

I am listing down some of the top MBA colleges in India:
  • Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-A (Ahmedabad)
  • Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-B (Bangalore)
  • Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-C (Calcutta)
  • Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-L (Lucknow)
  • Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-I (Indore)
  • Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-K (Kozhikdoe)
  • Management Development Institute MDI (Gurgaon)
  • Faculty of Management Studies Delhi Univ. FMS (New Delhi)
  • Jamnalal Bajaj Institute (Mumbai)
  • Indian Institute of Foreign Trade IIFT (New Delhi)
  • Welingkar Institute (Mumbai)
21st June 2011, 07:04 PM
kritika kaushik
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which is better to do between B.Sc (Hons) and BBA if I want to do MBA later?

Quote:
Hey friend,
If you want to do MBA then you should opt of the BBA course which has a great scope to do MBA after BBA.
For MBA, you need a good subjective knowledge and a strong IQ
You have to do MBA after BBA to get a good and fine job which has the eligibility criteria is to get atleast 60% marks in BBA.

Now,in my opinion you should do BBa for the good course like MBA.
All the best for your future dear....
21st June 2011, 07:59 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Well your final goal is going for MBA then why wasting your time in BSc in Chemistry.

Although your interest may be in Chemistry then why are you going for MBA, why not you go further in Chemistry. It has a very wide scope in oil industry.

If still you want to go then it would be good if you do your MBA and join such organization where your Chemistry knowledge would be useful.

BBA will be the initial steps for your MBA degree. It would be more helpful. But it does not matter what your background ifs for doing MBA.

So your are free and its solely your choice to go for any of the streams and the do MBA.
21st June 2011, 10:50 PM
sagarlaha1
Junior Member+

Quote:
I think you have taken the right decision because ,if you score good at CAT then you will get good institution like IIM's.for that you have to get atleast 50% marks in your graduation.And if after completing b.sc in chemistry become interested in chemistry you can also go for some higher studies and can go for some big options like cracking GATE or NET.You can also try for various jobs available for chemistry students because probably chemistry have the greatest versatile option in jobs field.

Good luck
22nd June 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have scored 47 percent in 12th state board and got cet 87 marks. so confused what to do bsci electronics r bca,bba.
22nd June 2011, 07:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
you want to do MBA in future so i think you can go for BBA .

because it will help you to score in MBA.

BBA and MBA have related syllabus , so you can improve management skill.

if you are going for BSC then you have not related subject.

so MBA in future , you can do BBA first.

all rge best.
22nd June 2011, 08:36 PM
sourindra

If you want to do MBA then you should go for BBA. BBA is the best option for you.
23rd June 2011, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

after completing m.b.a what type of job i can get and of what salaries
19th August 2011, 06:09 PM
dhruv007

as you want to do MBA , then there is no need to do B.SC . going from BBA to MBA is much easier than B.SC to MBA. you should concentrate on BBA .in the view of profesional life BBA is better.
23rd August 2011, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir,12th biology ke bad BBA me addmition mil shakta hei. Me 12th me 94% laya hu.
18th December 2011, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

12 ma kya rakha ho to bba kiya ja sakta hai aur kitne % marks lene chahiye
4th November 2013, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

right now am doing bsc (though i opted bba , but the managment says bsc is more worth then chossing bba and we can do mba after that)am studying @ madonna university so please help me out
5th April 2014, 05:49 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

There are no restrictions on the stream of your Graduation in order to get admission for MBA course.

Candidates who have completed Graduation with any of the stream are eligible to join MBA course.

Only thing is that they should score a minimum of 50% of marks in their Graduation.

If you are a candidate from SC or ST category, you will be given relaxation in percentage of marks upto 5%.

So, I suggest you to opt for the stream as per your interest and where your strengths are being fully utilized.

But better it would be if you choose BBA course at Graduation level. So that you will get business knowledge and managerial knowledge in Graduation itself.

Then if you opt for MBA course,your previous knowledge will be better utilized and you can become master in the subject.

The following specializations would be better choice for you in MBA course.

MBA in Accounting
MBA in Finance
MBA in Risk Management
MBA in International Business
MBA in Marketing Management
MBA in Human Resource Management.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and get admission for this course in a top college so that you will be having the benefit in terms of campus placements.

Wish you all the best.
18th June 2015, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

sir i have scored 83%marks in 10 2 what do you think which stream i should persue BBA OR BSC HONOURS .and is lovely professtional university is a good ranked college for BBA or DAV UNIVERSITY JALANDHAR FOR bsc honours in maths or chemistry.
29th July 2015, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

sir, am doing bsc cemestry .i completed first year,bt i find it dificult to go for coming years,because i dont feel interested. so i decided to go for bba. anyway my aim is BBA. so, is my decision is accurate... so i need your guidance rigt now. please give a proper solution
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?