14th June 2012, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Which is better MBA or chartered financial analyst?

Sir i am 12th pass out & i want to know whether mba is best of C.F.A. (chartered financial analyist )
I scored 75% in 12th

15th June 2012, 05:12 AM
guruvana244

Default Re: Which is better MBA or chartered financial analyst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am 12th pass out & i want to know whether mba is best of C.F.A. (chartered financial analyist )
I scored 75% in 12th
hi friend

i opt for MBA.becose it has more scope now a days.please dont confuse.this is your life.you must choose according to interest.

all the best
15th June 2012, 08:24 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Both the courses are having its own importance.

To the best of my knowledge, its better to do CFA course after the completion of your MBA course.

CFA stands for Certified Financial Analyst. A CFA can design the best portfolio for a family or individual as per their income from various sources.

In CFA also, better to complete US module and not of India to have more career scope.

Once you complete CFA course, you will be paid more salaries starting from Rs.50000/- per month.

As you just completed 12th class, I suggest you to do Graduation with arts streams like
-BBA
-BBM
-B.Com etc.

Soon after the completion of Graduation in Arts stream, try to join MBA course in a top college by cracking any of the following Entrance Exams
-CAT
-MAT
-GMAT
-SNAP
-XAT etc.

It is a good choice to apply for CFA course along with your MBA or while doing MBA course.

Because if you directly opt for this course, soon after the completion of your 12th class, it will be difficult for you to complete the course successfully as you are not having any prior knowledge regarding various financial aspects.

Have good preparation to the course and finish it successfully.

Wish you all the best.
15th June 2012, 12:02 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Both the courses are best in their own respects.As MBA is a post graduate programme & can provide you many opportunities in the top MNCs with good salary package & a reputed job too.

But Now a days the constantly developing industrial scenario has created a demand for experts in the field of finance. This has created a niche that can be filled by a person specially trained to handle financial matters with all its ramifications. In order to fulfill this need, a training programme called the Chartered Financial Analyst programme has been brought into being by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts.

The qualification of a CFA is not merely an additional qualification; it is a specialization that gives a person a distinct advantage over others in the field. The CFA course enjoys wide recognition all over the country. In fact, bank employees who have completed the CFA course are exempted from appearing for certain papers in the various examinations that they are required to appear for.

The scope of the financial services broadly covers money market operations, merchant banking services, international banking services, portfolio management, lease financing, mergers, acquisitions buy-outs mutual funds, factoring services, etc. Chartered financial analysts (CFA) utilize their managerial skills in the core areas of corporate finance, investment management, international finance and financial services. Their training and skills are useful for providing a host of financial services.

The Eligibility criteria for the CFA is as under-

1. The candidate should be a Graduate, Management student or a working executive and professional.

Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is a professional programme in Financial Management and Analysis offered through distance learning as:

1. Regular CFA Programme (3 years)
2. Accelerated CFA Programme (2 years)

As you scored the 75% in your 12th class so you can go anyone of them depending upon your interest in a particular field.
15th June 2012, 03:01 PM
sheenam_mittal13

Dear don't be confused, both of the streams are good and have different future, so just go with your area of interest. as you just pass your 12th select one of the stream for graduation either BBA or B.COM and then go for your masters. here are some good institutes for the same IP, JRE, LPU, etc.
12th October 2012, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

I am doing cfa for ICFAI, what should I do while studying to get job very fast with good salry.
7th February 2013, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

I am south african, and did an honors degree in finance. Do I qualify to register for CFA.
31st March 2013, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am a student of ca and had completed my ipcc both group.
Now i had to opt for cfa, whether i could do so. And if Yes , what exemption i will be provided during my course of cfa by the instituion of cfa.
Plz do rply.

Madhur Agarwal
[email protected]
23rd April 2013, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

is ca or cfa or cma is the best option for career glowing after completing mba in finance?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?