2nd April 2011, 12:45 AM
disha marwaha
Junior Member+

Biotech or MBBS or BDS? Which is better for a medical student

I would like to know which one will be better foe me as i m a medical student biotech. ,mbbs, bds. Please help me out

Related Questions:
  1. Medical courses for a B.Sc Biotech Student or a non-MBBS student
  2. Will I get MBBS or BDS seat in any government medical colleges after scoring 186 medical cutoff?
  3. Can I get admission for MBBS/BDS by appearing for medical CET? I am interested to do MBBS/BDS
  4. What are the medical courses other than MBBS and BDS after 12th?
  5. What should I do to get admission in MBBS?
  6. Career opportunities in medical stream after passing 12th PCM? Which are the fields in medical other then MBBS and BDS?
  7. Is MBBS a good choice after 12th Biology?
  8. Courses which I can take up after 12th?
  9. Average cutoff marks for MBBS and BDS in previous MHT CET exam? With 100 marks is it possible to get admission in any government medical college in Maharashtra in MBBS or BDS course?
  10. How to get admission in MBBS or BDS? Which course to take in medical after MHT CET?
  11. What is the difference between NEET and UPCPMT?
  12. Why Medical Council of India conducts Screening Test for MBBS/BDS candidate who has studying in Abroad?
  13. Medical courses for a B.Sc Biotech Stubents?
  14. Admission in government medical college for MBBS after scoring 135 in MHT CET? If not MBBS then are there any chances for BDS?
  15. Will I get admission in MBBS or BDS with 875 rank in MBBS/BDS exam? What is the fee structure?
  16. Should I join BSc Biotech after not getting into medical institutes for MBBS?
  17. Can I study MBBS course from Bangladesh, India or Nepal being a BDS holder? Names of institution and duration of MBBS after BDS? -- [New]
  18. Should BDS in government college be preferred over joining MBBS in private college?
15th April 2011, 12:54 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Biotech or MBBS or BDS? Which is better for a medical student

Hello friend,
It completely depends upon your interest in a particular area and if you know what you wnat to be, its a simple choice. As far as future prospect of these field are concerned, all of them have the potential to fetch you a successful career provided they are followed by higher studies in the same field.
To have a successful career and do well in biotechnology field, you must have strong base of basic science or engineering. The most preferred course of candidates from this stream, in the past years, was MBBS but now things have changed and so have the opportunities. Now, canddates , after +2, are aware of their goal and accordingly they take their step. So, if you know where you want to reach and as what, you will be able to select the best course for you.
15th April 2011, 10:49 PM
babydoll

Hello,
Well i suggest MBBS is better than all these as because biotech and BDS degrees has less scope rather than MBBS. You can do MD after MBBS which is highly valuable degrees in medical science. MD is the specialization of MBBS doctors.
However the earning of MBBS doctor is huge as compared to BDs.
So better to go for MBBS instead of BDS or Biotech.
30th April 2011, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

which one is better bds,mbbs,biotech.
15th May 2011, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

I think BDS is some what easy to get.it is not much complicated.Once one finishes the bds course then job oppurtunity is certain.since everyone has teeth in their mouth then toothache,false tooth such and such complication is common.so if one can put up a clinic .Surely an average amount of Rs15000 per month is gettable.IT IS DAMN SURE.
2nd June 2011, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Which has more value MBBS or BDS in USA
8th June 2011, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

WHICH ONE IS BETTER BDS OR BAMS?
15th June 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

bds degree much better than plain mbbs....bds is itself a specialization..........
26th June 2011, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

DOES BIOTECHNOLOGY HAVE A FAIR SCOPE? IF YES, THEN HOW MUCH?
9th July 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

plz help me..i want to do mbbs but getting admission in bds,which is i am not interested at all.what should i do.i alwalys wanted to be an mbbs doctor,help me what should i do now?
11th July 2011, 03:07 AM
bhartinder

bds ia also much better and cheap .. do it
11th July 2011, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

i want to knw that out of bams n b tech in biotech which one is better
plz help me
14th August 2011, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

is mbbs easy if i take interest init or bds
9th September 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Talking Re: Biotech or MBBS or BDS? Which is better for a medical student

well dealing to get admission in mbbs is not a cake walk if u want it honestly bcoz as long as i have observed mbbs seats are reserved before hand and the exams are conducted just 4 d sake of formality in private and some what government colleges too..n even if u happen to get into this courrse.. MD IS a must.for which the seats are just few..like 2 to 3 in one college 4 a particular stream... so better luck for richie rich ppl wo can deal to gve lumps of money to buy these courses just lke that....but if one challenges to confront.. go 4 it..
bds is much better as if u dont happen to do pg course you can earn like lacs in metropolition monthlly.. n with pg course you can better estimate..
5th October 2011, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

what is the monthly income of bds and mds doctor? is it better than a plain mbbs doctor?
6th October 2011, 06:10 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

No there is no possible way 2 do MBBS directly after 10th.You need to have the basics clear before doing any professional degree for which it is required for you to do
11th and 12th.for doing MBBS you have to clear entrance examination like CBSE-PMT,AFMC,AIIMS and many more.All these require a minimum criteria of marks in 12
class apart from your score in the respective examination.
6th October 2011, 06:12 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

No there is no possible way 2 do MBBS directly after 10th.You need to have the basics clear before doing any professional degree for which it is required for you to do
11th and 12th.for doing MBBS you have to clear entrance examination like CBSE-PMT,AFMC,AIIMS and many more.All these require a minimum criteria of marks in 12
class apart from your score in the respective examination.
4th November 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

heyy!
I'm still confused! Can sum1 pls make a clear comparison of mbbs and bds? If I'm sure of a mbbs seat should I go for it or still consider bds because of the favourable work hours? Afetr I complete MD will my work hours get better? like for dermatologist! pls reply :)
4th February 2012, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

i would like to bds but most of the people say that mbbs is better which i am not at all interested at. Which of the two has better scope . pleeez help me
15th March 2012, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Plz help meh out .. Wt should i do biotech or bams, in which i can earn more
18th April 2012, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

i jusy finshed ma 2. i m opting 4 medicine. which one Mbbs or Bds i shld choose. i lik th
12th June 2012, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

which one is much better, bds or biotech, which one amoung them has a better scope?
22nd July 2012, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

I am Sure of getting seat in BDS , but most of the people says BDS is nothing , drop one year and go for MBBS , so wat should i do , please reply
25th July 2012, 09:10 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

Hello,
Well i suggest MBBS is better than all these as because biotech and BDS degrees has less scope rather than MBBS. You can do MD after MBBS which is highly valuable degrees in medical science. MD is the specialization of MBBS doctors.
However the earning of MBBS doctor is huge as compared to BDs.
So better to go for MBBS instead of BDS or Biotech.
9th September 2012, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

i am completed my bsc(biotech) degree & after a drop i get the admissin in bds(dental) private college in which i am not interested i want to do mbbs please help me out i don,t want to waste one more year....
9th September 2012, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

i am completed my bsc(biotech)degree &after a drop i get the admition in bds private college in which i am not interested, i want to do mbbs pls help me out i am very confused & dont want to lost one more yearpls suggest me urgent what to do..
& what is better optin for me...
11th September 2012, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Biotech or MBBS or BDS? Which is better for a medical student

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2660492]i am completed my bsc(biotech)degree &after a drop i get the admition in bds private college in which i am not interested, i want to do mbbs pls help me out i am very confused & dont want to lost one more yearpls suggest me urgent what to do..
& what is better optin for me...please shortout my problem.........
5th October 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello students,
Option for BDS or MBBS course totally depends on your choice. Both BDS or MBBS are minimum degrees to become dentist Surgeon or physician respectively and both are doctors in allopathy system of medicine.Both get the equal respect in society when you are in human service. Both can go PG degres MD, MS, MDS, then M.Phil or P.hD or DSc. Income depends on your clinical skills and interest and above all good raport with patients.
18th October 2012, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

heya friends dont make other confused please look getting admission in mbbs is not so easy in way of mbbs there are tears and depends on luck that you get it or not bds is simply you know your goal bds is also doctor both are equally respected and demanded all over world it depends what you can do better it depends on you neither your parents nor your friends know that which field is better for you it completely depends on you im doing bds and i guess its more better then mbbs its not as much stressful as mbbs :)
31st March 2013, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends, mbbs or bds ke chakkar me mat pado. Look, today everybody is becoming docs n engineers. But very few biotechnologists and genetic engineers. Sn you have lot of scope in future. Today, every drug is affecting negatively on our body. Hence people are switching to natural remedies . Also, after 2020 is going to be biotech era. That time real demand for biotech wil arise because there wil be req of new antibiotics, crop resistance to adverse conditions, increased yield of food grain, stem cells, ivf, bioremediation.so a biotechnologist plays a role in multiple fields . By the time you complete your education in biotech there wil be demand in pharma,food industry, lifescience industry, etc
hencf biotech rocks
31st March 2013, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends, mbbs or bds ke chakkar me mat pado. Look, today everybody is becoming docs n engineers. But very few biotechnologists and genetic engineers. Sn you have lot of scope in future. Today, every drug is affecting negatively on our body. Hence people are switching to natural remedies . Also, after 2020 is going to be biotech era. That time real demand for biotech wil arise because there wil be req of new antibiotics, crop resistance to adverse conditions, increased yield of food grain, stem cells, ivf, bioremediation.so a biotechnologist plays a role in multiple fields . By the time you complete your education in biotech there wil be demand in pharma,food industry, lifescience industry, etc
hencf biotech rocks
28th July 2013, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Which is d best option after 12th- b.pharm or b.sc or biotech now a days in india?
28th July 2013, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Which is d best option after 12th- b.pharm or b.sc or biotech now a days in india?
2nd August 2013, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

which one has a better scope-b.v.sc and a.h (veterinary sciences) or mbbs??
do reply asap
:)
8th August 2013, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

i m a student doing my 12th in science stream wanted to know whether i shud get into medical or biotech ..i m intersted in doing genetic engineering and also i m not a merit student ..pls help
12th August 2013, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

now im finished 12th in tn i have got 192.75 i have my interest in medicine but unfortunately I have not got the mbbs seat due to my cut off but i have got the bds seat , but my father asking me to study mbbs in abroad i have confused i don't know what to do.please any one help me to take the good decision
21st August 2013, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

What is better bds or bums
14th January 2014, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Biotech or MBBS or BDS? Which is better for a medical student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
plz help me..i want to do mbbs but getting admission in bds,which is i am not interested at all.what should i do.i alwalys wanted to be an mbbs doctor,help me what should i do now?
i think both degrees have its own importance, both r better but accordng to me bds
20th June 2014, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

sir please reply i got bds in comedk and i got 1st rank amrita bams entrance exam . My father likes bds but iam more inclined to social service than earning a high amount of salary .i would like to go for bams but iam not able to make a decision since i cant say no my father what to do pleaseeeeee help me
16th July 2014, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

i am very much confused that should i do bsc or btech in biotech or in any other field.i also became eligible for mbbs but the fees was very high and was not in my budget
15th April 2015, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Biotech or MBBS or BDS? Which is better for a medical student

Quote:
well dealing to get admission in mbbs is not a cake walk if u want it honestly bcoz as long as i have observed mbbs seats are reserved before hand and the exams are conducted just 4 d sake of formality in private and some what government colleges too..n even if u happen to get into this courrse.. MD IS a must.for which the seats are just few..like 2 to 3 in one college 4 a particular stream... so better luck for richie rich ppl wo can deal to gve lumps of money to buy these courses just lke that....but if one challenges to confront.. go 4 it..
bds is much better as if u dont happen to do pg course you can earn like lacs in metropolition monthlly.. n with pg course you can better estimate..
Not a single. Seat is reserved. In Government Medical Colleges.
23rd August 2015, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Not a single. Seat is reserved. In Government Medical Colleges.
Sir ji there are reservations for sc,st,obc,sports,freedom fighters,NRI's,police etc.
So general pool seats become very less.
15th February 2016, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

even answers given by experts quite confusing ,agree that seats for medical stream selection procedure very less fair in the country,so if we see four years later what will be better scope Btech Biotech,BDS or MBBS?
28th May 2017, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Is msc in biotechnology is good or doing MBBS is good for better settlement of future...?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?