29th June 2010, 10:53 AM
HANEESHA.S

Books from which I have to prepare for IAS exam? Which exam do I have to write?

I am studying B-tech 1st year. My aim is to become an IAS officer. But I don't know about it. Please tell me which books I have to prepare, which exams I have to write and about coaching centers. Please give me the advise.

6th August 2011, 02:05 AM
akash3093

Default Re: Books from which I have to prepare for IAS exam? Which exam do I have to write?

I think upkar publication's books are good and you also could check competition success review regularly.....
best of luck
6th August 2011, 08:56 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Books from which I have to prepare for IAS exam? Which exam do I have to write?

hi...let me tell you the first information that the indian administartive services entrance exam is probably the toughest exam in the country and you need to really forget everything else in your life and concentrate only on studies if you want to do well in this exam and if you have the zeal and dezire to show that much of dedication only then you should even think of preperaing for this exam other wise it would be just an waste of time and money both for you.
as for as the preperation is concerned i think it would be best for you to join some coaching centre ,some of the best coaching acadamys are available in new delhi in and around mukharjee nagar,some of the names of the coaching centres are
1.chanakya ias academy
2.jains ias
3.brilliant ias coaching acadamy
4.alternate learning centre
you can enquire about the various coaching acadamys through net and contact them.
i am attching the ias brochure show that you can know the various eligibility criterias and also the books depend on the choice of subject which you choose ,the list of subjects from which you can choose the subjects are also given in the brochure
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 100 views)
6th August 2011, 03:49 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

The books which you can follow for IAS , other than NCERT (because NCERT is a must) are:

Rs. 190.

Buy online.

Buy online.

Rs. 210.

Buy online.
26th December 2011, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

exactly how many subjects i have to prepare for IAS exam and what those are...............please let me know
please................please.................pleas e......................
26th December 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

how many books i have to prepare for IAS exam and what those are..............................please tell me sir.................please...........please....... .....
2nd May 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

what is the basic education of ias please send in my cell number 8547838658 its my request .
28th July 2012, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

i am doin b-tech.. in which year of b-tech should i start concentrating on ias??
and does competition success like magazines would be a help for preparetion???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?