18th May 2011, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Books to use for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology? Which are the top universities?

Hello everyone.

I am from South Africa and I think the Indian education system is quite interesting. Please can you tell me about some of the books you use in school for mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology etc. Books you you to prepare for examinations, for admission exams to top universities, for olympiads etc. I would like to know what are the really good and challenging books you use in India.

Thank you for your time and any help.

Regards.

13th July 2011, 03:21 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Books to use for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology? Which are the top universities?

hi...some of the best books for the subjects which you have asked are
1.MATHEMATICS:The best book for mathematics is the book written by dasgupta,its the best and most tough book for preparing for competitive exams ,even b.s grewal is an very good book for mathematics .
2.PHYSICS:the best book for physics is CONCEPTS OF PHYSICS BY H.C.VERMA ,its probably the most simple and best book followed by almost all the students preparing for any competitive exams other than this book some others others which are really followed by the students are RESNICK AND HALLIDEY,university physics ,and also G.C AGRAWAL
3.CHEMISTRY:
the most popular books for chemistry are organic:morrison and boyd
inorganic.l soni
physical chemistry.p tandon
30th July 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Books to use for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology? Which are the top universities?

name of the best book in math
15th October 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

i want the name of the best objective books for physics & chemistry.
2nd March 2012, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

after10th group physic chemistry biology math or physic chemistry math computer which group is the best
2nd March 2012, 11:55 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

1. CHEMISTRY :-

INORGANIC CHEMISTRY

Atomic Structure - Principle of physical chemistry - Puri, Sharma & Pathwa
Advance Inorganic Chemistry - J.D. Lee
Chemical Periodicity, Chemical bonding,Coordination compound- Maden, Malik, Tuli
Theoretical principles of inorganic chemistry - G.S. Manku,

Physical Chemistry

Principals of Physical Chemistry (Gaseous state, Thermodynamics, Phase rule, solutions, Colligative properties, Electro Chemistry, Catalysis, Colloids) - Puri, Sharma & Pathawa
Chemical kinetics - Advance physical chemistry - Gurdeep Raj

ORGANIC CHEMISTRY

Bonding and shape of organic molecules, Stereo chemistry of carbon compound - Reactions and reagents - O.P. Agarwal
A guide to mechanism in organic chemistry - Peter Sykes
Rest all the chapters - A text book of organic chemistry - Bahl & Bahl

2. MATHEMATICS :-

1. Linear Algebra - K.C. Prasad, K B Datta
2.Calculus - Santhi Narayan
3.Analytic Geometry - Shantinarayan, HC Sinha, DK Jha and Sharma
4.Ordinary Differential eqs:- MD Raising Lumina, Golden seris-NP Bali
5. Dynamics, Statitics and Hydrostatics - M.Ray

3. PHYSICS :-
1. Classical Mechnism -Gupta, Kumar & Sharma - Takewale & Puranik H.Goldstein
2. Mechanics - Kleppner & Kolenkov -D.S. Mathur
3.Wave/Spl.Relatively - D.S. Mathur/Kleppner&Kolenkov
4. Special Relativity-R.Resnic -Gupta & Goyal
5. Optics-Ajay Ghatak
-B.S. Agarwal

4. BIOLOGY :-
Lower Boiology (Algae, Fungi, Bryophyta, Pteridophyta, Gymnosperms): Singh,
Pandey & Jain
Bacteria & Virus: H.C.Dubey

~regards~
priyo
20th March 2012, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Elementary Mathematics is also very good for 11&12...but i want to know about physics & chemistry books. Which books of chemistry nd physics are the bst??
I've some options lyk dinesh books of chemistry nd physics nd also h.c. Versa.. But plz give me gud advice for 12 books..
5th October 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

best refrance books for pcmb
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?