10th August 2017, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.Tech IT apply for GPSC exam? Eligibility criteria and requirements for it? How to select subjects for this exam?

I am B.Tech IT engineer and preparing for government job. I want to know can I apply for GPSC exam?Eligibility criteria and requirements for it? How to select subjects to appear in this exam?

15th August 2017, 09:52 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Tech IT apply for GPSC exam? Eligibility criteria and requirements for it? How to select subjects for this exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in GPSC examination conducted for recruitment of officer's in the state.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit is 20-35 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.
15th August 2017, 12:55 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Tech IT apply for GPSC exam? Eligibility criteria and requirements for it? How to select subjects for this exam?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for appearing in GPSC (Gujarat Public Service Commission) Examination being a B.Tech (IT) candidate. There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for this recruitment.

>> The minimum educational qualification required is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> The minimum age must be 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 28 years.

>> Of course there will be an age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

>> Examination pattern consists of Preliminary Examination as well as Mains Examination.

>> In Preliminary Examination, there are two papers and Paper I is General Studies and Paper II is Optional subject. You are required to choose computer related subject as an optional subject in paper II.

>> In Mains Examination, you are required to choose 2 subjects related to the subjects chosen.
15th August 2017, 09:51 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

GPSC stands for Gujarat Public Service Commission exam.

Eligibility criteria:

Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university to apply for GPSC exam.

Age limit is 21-35 years.

You can select optional subject as per your interest in that subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?