23rd January 2012, 07:54 PM
mech 368

Can the engineering service examination be cracked without the entrance exam?

respected sir,
I am pursuing second year mechanical engineering and I aspire for Indian engineering services. due to financial conditions I am unable to opt for coaching, I just want to know whether the engineering services examinations can be cracked without coaching by self studies or not. I would be very thankful if you can guide me regarding the preparation for appearing the examination.

24th January 2012, 08:31 AM
rvidyasagar

Default Re: Can the engineering service examination be cracked without the entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech 368 View Post
respected sir,
I am pursuing second year mechanical engineering and I aspire for Indian engineering services. due to financial conditions I am unable to opt for coaching, I just want to know whether the engineering services examinations can be cracked without coaching by self studies or not. I would be very thankful if you can guide me regarding the preparation for appearing the examination.
Well, it is not at all essential to approach the process through any coaching institute. With self efforts also, you can easily get through. After all, the syllabus is virtually what you do for BE degree. So, you have to use the same books, same notes, etc. to prepare for IES also.

You may, in addition, refer to past question papers also. Upto three years of past question papers are available in the UPSC website.

All the best.
27th February 2012, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can the engineering service examination be cracked without the entrance exam?

I have completed b. tech in Electrical engineering and I aspire for Indian engineering services. due to job I am unable to opt for coaching, I just want to know whether the engineering services examinations can be cracked without coaching by self studies or not. plz give me detail for notes for preapration, I would be very thankful if you can guide me regarding the preparation for appearing the examination.
31st March 2012, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Greetings sir.............!
I have completed my BE in Information Science stream , and I wish to take up the exam . But I dono the procedure , eligibility and fee payment details can U please guide me regarding this and do needful
29th April 2012, 11:04 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

YES, you can prepare for the exam yourself.
If you apply right strategy for preparation, then you must crack the examination.

HOW TO PREPARE FOR ENGINEERING SERVICE EXAM :-

-- You must be cool & confident for the examination .
-- You must have strong willing power to achieve success.
-- You have to do hard work on study.
-- Take 10 minutes of break after 2 hours of continuous study. This reduces your stress level.
-- Make your own schedule & planning.
-- Solve problems by applying tricks.
-- Time management is most important.
-- Know all your syllabus & pattern of exam & prepare accordingly.
-- Purchase only relevant & useful books.
-- Practice more & more. Solve all previous year question papers.

CERTAIN WEBSITES WHICH HELP FOR PREPARATION:-

http://examcrazy.com/Engineering/IES...ks-for-IES.asp
http://www.filestube.com/i/ies+study+material
http://www.iesmadeeasy.org
http://www.indianshout.com/upsc-ies-...rical-eee/2185
20th November 2012, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

I m 2006 passout BTECH ETCE having work experiance of 6 years but a parallel zeal to crack IES...I have three more opertunities left to set in the exam.I have decided to quit my present job for the preparation.Pls advice wheathe i m taking proper decision or not?
8th April 2013, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

is the syllabus for the engineering exams different from the cbse syllabus in 11th and12th ????
21st November 2013, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,
I am an electrical engineering graduate with 63.5 percentage in B.tech. After trying many attempts to gain a job(includes IT, electrical private companies) at last and at most I have left back at IES. Now my only dream is to be a reputed person in society. I want ur guidance to kick start my preparation. I know that I have to start from basics as i am not so good at my B.tech education. Please guide me, that all I need now is a route map. I am ready to take the path even it is difficult.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?