28th August 2017, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for BPSC or UPSC exam after doing B.Tech in computer science?

Can I appear for BPSC or UPSC exam after doing B.Tech in computer science? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria required to apply? It will be really helpful if someone can get back to me on the criteria as soon as possible for me to follow the next steps. Thank you!

29th August 2017, 10:18 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for BPSC or UPSC exam after doing B.Tech in computer science?

Yes, why not, you can apply for Bihar Public Service commission and Union Public Service Commission exams after completion of Bachelor's degree in computer Science. The minimum academic qualification required is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the exam.

B.Tech candidates can apply for different UPSC exams like Central Armed Police Force exam, Combined Defence Services exam, Civil Services exam. The age criteria for CAPF is 20-25 years, 19-24 years for CDS and 21-32 for CSE.

The age criteria for BPSC exam is:

>>General candidate: 21-37 years.

>>OBC candidate: 21-40 years.

>>SC/ST candidate: 21-42 years.
29th August 2017, 01:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for BPSC or UPSC exam after doing B.Tech in computer science?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC or BPSC examination.

The required educational qualification to appear in examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is :

UPSC --- 21-32 years.

BPSC ---- 21-37 years.

There is relaxation in upper age limit to appear in examination for reserved category. So, you can appear in examination and after qualifying in all three stags of examination will be eligible for final selection.

So, you must prepare for examination to qualify.
29th August 2017, 07:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Bachelor of Technology degree in Computer Science you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination ( popularly known as UPSC examination ) as well as BPSC examination on the basis of educational requirement for these examination which is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Apart from educational qualification to appear in Civil Services examination you must hold the nationality of India with your age must lying within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

Where as for appearing in BPSC you must hold the nationality of India with your age lying within 20 years to 37 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can visit its official link i.e; www.upsc.gov.in where as for details regarding BPSC examination you can visit the link www.bpsc.gov.in.
29th August 2017, 09:38 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC and BPSC examination. The examination is conducted for recruitment as officer in Central and State Service.

The minimum educational qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is between 21-32 years in UPSC, for BPSC 21-37 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

Both examination is conducted in three stages Preliminary, Mains and Interview. So, you have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.
29th August 2017, 10:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of UPSC and BPSC is Union Public Service Commission and BPSC means Bihar Public Service Commission.

Eligibility:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree to apply for BPSC or UPSC exam.

2. Age criteria for BPSC exam is 21-37 years and that for UPSC Civil Services exam is 21-32 years.

Computer science graduates can apply for both exams without any doubt.
29th August 2017, 11:02 PM
starberry

Yes, you can apply for BPSC or UPSC exam after B.Tech in Computer Science. Eligibility criteria to apply for this exam is as follows-

Education qualification- Graduation from recognized university with minimum 50% marks.

Age limit- 21 to 32 years, age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST

Selection Procedure :

1) Preliminary Exam
2) Main Exam
3) Final Interview
11th June 2021, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for BPSC or UPSC exam after doing B.Sc in computer science or B.Sc in IT(Information Technology)?
16th June 2021, 08:21 PM
Iffa0786

Yeah you can appear for BPSC Or UPSC exam after B.tech .
And Yes anybody with a bachelor degree from a recognized Indian university can give UPSC exam.

You can go through the Upsc exam syllabus for civil services on its official website.
16th June 2021, 11:57 PM
Afreen0786

Yes you can apply for BPSC or UPSC:-

Eligibility criteria for BPSC:-
1.Nationality- Indian

2.Educational Qualification-must have a graduation degree from recognized university.

3.Age limit For General Category for male and female- 37 years, Bc/OBC for male and female 40 years,Sc/St ( male or female)42years.
18th June 2021, 03:05 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

Yes you can appear for BPSC or UPSC exam after B.Tech in computer science.

Eligibility criteria for this exam:

1. The candidate must have completed their graduation degree from a recognised university with minimum 50% marks.

2. Age limit 21-30 years, age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

3. The candidate should be citizen of India.

Selection Process:

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main exam
3. Final Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?