15th October 2022, 01:38 AM
Mdeb

Can I appear for CBSE 12th compartment exam after 3 years?

I have compartment in maths and the examination year was 2020. I did not appear for compartment exam. Can i appear for the same on the year 2023 july/august?

15th October 2022, 04:24 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CBSE 12th compartment exam after 3 years?

Having got compartment in the Mathematics paper of CBSE Class 12th board examination 2020, you are not eligible for clearing the same paper through compartmental examination now in 2023 as the rule suggests that A candidate placed in compartment may reappear at the compartmental examination to be held in July/August and may avail himself/herself of the second chance in March/April next year and may further avail himself/herself of the third chance at the compartmental examinations to be held in July/August of that year.

Further, A candidate who does not appear or fails at one or all the chances of compartment shall be treated to have failed in the examination and shall be required to reappear in all the subjects at the subsequent annual examination of the Board as per syllabi and courses laid down for the examination concerned in order to pass the examination.

So, now to clear your Class 12th, you are required to reappear in all the subjects at the subsequent annual examination of the Board in the upcoming year.

For complete details regarding CBSE board scheme of examination, passing criteria, and other FAQs related to CBSE board examinations, you can refer to the link https://www.cbse.gov.in/cbsenew/Exam...20CRITERIA.pdf.
15th October 2022, 06:00 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Having appeared in CBSE Class 12th board examination 12 years ago, you cannot apply for CBSE Compartmental examination now as a candidate is allowed to appear in the compartmental examinations conducted in the year which the candidate has appeared in his/her actual board examination and the compartmental examinations conducted in the successive year.

For more information regarding this examination you can visit their official website www.cbse.nic.in.
15th October 2022, 07:51 PM
Aradrika Sharma

No, you are not eligible for appearing in compartment exam after 2 years of gap. In case, you are not appearing for compartmental exam after your name appeared for the compartment exam, then you will be treated as "FAIL" by Board.
15th October 2022, 08:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As per the current norms a candidate is usually provided three successive attempts for clearing their compartment paper which includes the compartment examinations held in the year in which candidate appeared in his/her Class 12th board examination and year following the year and one attempt is the annual examination held in the year following the year in which the candidate appeared in his/her Class 12th board examination.

For complete details and FAQs related to CBSE Scheme of examinations, you can refer to the link https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...hUwgeh-PRh7K4F.
17th October 2022, 12:34 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

No, you won't be able to sit for the Compartment exam after a three-year break. If you do not appear for the Compartment exam after your name has been placed on the list, the Board will consider you to have failed.
17th October 2022, 06:06 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you won't be eligible for appearing in compartment exam after gap of 3 years.
In case, you are not appearing for compartment exam after your name appeared for compartment, then you will be treated as 'Fail' by board. Hence, you will have to reappear again as per courses and syllabus specified by board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?