12th March 2016, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in GATE 2017 if did not appeared in GATE 2016?

How many time we can appear in gate 2017 exam if we appeared in 2015 gate exam then not appeared in 2016 exam this year?

12th March 2016, 08:47 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in GATE 2017 if did not appeared in GATE 2016?

GATE sands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and the examination is conducted by IIT or IISc.

As there is no limitation on number of attempts to appear for examination. So, if you have not applied for 2016, you can appear in GATE 2017.

Candidate passed B.Tech/B.E degree or have master degree in any other discipline can appear for examination.
12th March 2016, 08:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many time we can appear in gate 2017 exam if we appeared in 2015 gate exam then not appeared in 2016 exam this year?
Yes, you can apply for GATE 2017 exam because candidates can give Graduate Aptitude Test in engineering unlimited times.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam 2017. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
12th March 2016, 12:08 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for GATE 2017 exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology or IISC Bangalore sometimes, which is on rotation basis. It is conducted for selection of candidates of master's degree in technology from top recognized technical institutes like IITs, NITs and other engineering colleges.

There is no limit on number of attempts for this examination. A candidate can appear for this exam any number of times. GATE scorecard is accepted by majority of technical institutes for admission in M.Tech course.

Academic qualification is bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a top recognized institute or master's degree in science, computer applications etc.
12th March 2016, 03:38 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear in GATE 2017 if did not appeared in GATE 2016?

You can appear for the GATE examination if you have gap also in the B.Tech course if you have done in 2015 and also you can now appear for the GATE in the 2017 if you want and there are number of attempts but you should not exceed the age limits

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is the entrance examination for the Masters of technology course of study and according to the score you got in the GATE examination you will be allotted the seat in the colleges or universities according to that GATE score only

So, you can appear for the GATE now in the coming year 2017 also if you have already appeared for GATE in 2015 also you can appear now in 2017
12th March 2016, 04:19 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

There is no fixed number of attempts to appear for GATE examination.

So, candidates can appear for examination as many times as they want. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed B.tech/B.E from any recognised university.

So, you can appear for examination in 2017. Candidates must have master degree in other discipline to appear for examination.
12th March 2016, 06:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Candidates who wish to pursue Master's degree in Technology from institutes like IIT and other technical institutes can apply for this exam. It is a computer based test consisting of 65 questions of 100 marks and conducted every year.

Graduates in engineering or technology or post graduates in science, mathematics or computer applications can apply for this exam. This exam has no limit on number of attempts and candidate can appear for as many times as possible till candidates get success. You can appear in GATE 2017 without any doubt.
12th March 2016, 06:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full form of GATE is Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. The scorecard of GATE exam is very essential for M.Tech admissions and PSU job recruitment.

*No limit on number of attempts in GATE exam. You can appear for GATE exam without any limit.

*Bachelor's degree in engineering or technology is minimum academic qualification for this exam.

GATE 2017 will be conducted by IIT Roorkee. You can apply for GATE 2017.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?