13th June 2019, 02:55 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in GPSC exam after completing Diploma Mechanical Engineering?

Can I appear in GPSC exam after completing Diploma Mechanical Engineering?

14th June 2019, 02:17 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in GPSC exam after completing Diploma Mechanical Engineering?

No, you are not eligible to appear in GPSC exam after completing Diploma Mechanical Engineering.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

** The applicants should have passed graduation with at least 55% from a recognized university.

** The applicant's should have basic knowledge of Computer Application.

** The age of the candidate should be in between 21 to 28 years.
14th June 2019, 09:12 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in GPSC exam after completing Diploma Mechanical Engineering?

The required eligibility to pursue GPSC examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate with diploma qualification are not eligible to appear for GPSC.

So, you are not eligible to pursue the GPSC examination after diploma course.
14th June 2019, 10:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

GPSC stands for Gujarat Public Service Commission. It is state level examination conducted by State government. Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Diploma in Mechanical Engineering candidate can not apply for GPSC examination. You can pursue Bachelor's degree in Engineering course through Lateral Entry Entrance Test for admission in 2nd year of engineering course.
14th June 2019, 10:52 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Having just completed your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering degree course which is a degree course just equivalent to higher secondary school degree course, you are not eligible to apply for GPSC (Gujarat Public Service Commission) examination as for appearing in GPSC examination, the minimum education required is a graduation or equivalent degree from a recognised university.

So, in order to apply for GPSC examination, you need to pursue a graduation degree course in any discipline of your choice.

For more detailed information regarding GPSC examination, you can refer to the link https://gpsc.gujarat.gov.in.
15th June 2019, 01:58 PM
ites
Senior Member+++++

Gujarat Public Service Commission stands for GPSC Examination conducted by the State Government of Gujarat for the post of class I and II.

The Candidate must be an Indian citizen.

Education qualification:

candidates should have completed his or her graduation with atleast 55% marks in any discipline.(not any diploma)

candidate should have basic knowledge of Computer Applications.

candidate must know the languages of Gujarati, Hindi, and English.

Yes, you are not eligible for gpsc now after completing diploma in mechanical engineering.But I would suggest you to do the B.E/BTECH through lateral entry and keep one thing in your mind age factor that is 21 to 28 Yrs for general category, relaxation for SC/ST is 5yrs , for OBC is 3yrs.(only for male candidates).
29th February 2020, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Can i do degree engineering after diploma then i appear in gpsc exam??
17th October 2022, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

computer engineer diploma elegible for gpsc exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?