12th June 2022, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in IAS exam after Doctor of Pharmacy?

I am doing pharma D (Doctor of Pharmacy which is actually do after M.pharma) an integrated 6 year course after 12th and equal to PhD as like B.A LLb is a integrated course Can I appear in IAS exam?

13th June 2022, 12:47 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in IAS exam after Doctor of Pharmacy?

Any candidate who holds a bachelor's degree or any equivalent course from a recognised board are eligible for attending IAS exam.
The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
If the pharmacy course is equivalent to bachelor's degree than you can give UPSC exam.
But mere diploma holders are not eligible.
13th June 2022, 02:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam after Doctor of Pharmacy.

Educational Qualification:-

The candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognised University are eligible for IAS exam.
Final year candidate are also eligible for IAS exam.

Age limit:-

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
13th June 2022, 05:47 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, D.Pharma candidates are not eligible for IAS exam. Diploma course is not eligible for IAS exam. Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.
14th June 2022, 10:02 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS Examination after Doctor of Pharmacy course:

The basic eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS Examination after successful completion of Doctor of Pharmacy course is given below,

Name of the Examination- Indian Administrative Services

Name of the Exam Conducting Agency- UPSC

@ Of course yes. You are certainly eligible to apply for UPSF IAS Examination after completion of this course.

@ In general, the minimum educational qualification required is Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or institute to be eligible.

@ According to this, I can say that you are certainly eligible. The minimum age required is 21 years and maximum age should not exceed 30 years and there is an age relaxation for reserved category Candidates.
14th June 2022, 02:41 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for Civil Service examination and conducted by UPSC.

The required minimum eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years and relaxation for reserved category.

Examination is conducted in three stages. For detail information about the examination visit at www upsc.gov.in.
14th June 2022, 04:25 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No, you aren't eligible for IAS eaxm because you are a D.Pharma candidate. Diploma course is not eligible for IAS exam. The basic educational qualification for IAS eaxm is that candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognised university can appear in IAS exam.
14th June 2022, 08:33 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

In order to appear for UPSC Civil Service Exam, candidates needs to have passed/appearing Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Diploma in Pharmacy is two year diploma program and in no way equivalent to graduate/bachelor's degree . In case, you want to appear for this exam, you can pursue your higher studies by completing BPharm through lateral entry, or you can also choose any other graduation stream as per your interest.

UPSC consists of three stages namely

Preliminary has two papers,each consists of 200 Marks and MCQs bases, GS Paper-I where candidates just need to score the required cut offs against their respective category.And then we have qualifying CSAT(candidates need to score 33%), that is only 66 marks.

Mains is more of a subjective type, and consists of Four General Studies Paper such as GS-I ,GS-II ,GS-III,GS-IV,Two Optionals, One Essay, two language paper, there are total nine papers , each for 250 marks, total is 1750 marks.

Personality Test of 275 marks.
15th June 2022, 07:50 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Civil Service examination.

To get the final selection you have to clear all the three stages of the examination.

For the detail information about the examination pattern and syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2022, 06:53 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Doctor in Pharmacy candidates can not apply for Civil Services examination. You need to apply for Civil Services examination only after Bachelor of Pharmacy.

The minimum age limit is 21 years.
15th June 2022, 06:58 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in IAS exam after Doctor of Pharmacy.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The eligibility criteria required to apply for this examination is Candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination. Candidate age must lie between 21 to 30 years. Upper age relaxation are available for reserved category candidates.

For more information, you can visit their official website.
15th June 2022, 08:28 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Of course, you are eligible to take an IAS examination if you are pursuing Doctor of Pharmacy as the minimum educational qualification to take this examination is graduation in any stream from a recognised university.
Hence, you are eligible.
16th June 2022, 11:53 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The first thing I would like to let you know is that for appearing in the Civil Services examination (often popularly known as IAS or IPS examination) the minimum education required is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, as Pharma D is a postgraduate level degree course so you are eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?