5th August 2011, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IAS Exam having completed B.Tech from Computer Science?

i have done b.tech from computer science ,can i appeared in ias exam? i am interested to become IAS officer

6th August 2011, 09:13 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam having completed B.Tech from Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have done b.tech from computer science ,can i appeared in ias exam? i am interested to become IAS officer
Yes friend you are eligible for the examination to become IAS
The examination conducted to become an IAS officer is Civil Service Examination this exam will be conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year

I think you know this exam is a year long processed exam in three levels the levels in this examination are
->Prelims(now called CSAT(civil services aptitude test))
->Mains
->Interview.

The eligibility criteria for this examination are as follows
->you have to complete your 21 years of age. then only you are eligible for the examination.
->you have to complete at least a degree to appear in this examination, No matter which stream is of your degree but you must have a degree certificate in your hand.

so by this it is clear that you are eligible for the examination.
one thing you have to remember is there will be no direct related subjects to your branch you have to choose a subject from general subjects like mathematics and psychology for the best result but there is possibility to opt any subject you like it may be commerce it may be electrical engineering and anything else.

This is all about your eligibility for civil service examination.

Regards

~AdityA~
6th August 2011, 09:27 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam having completed B.Tech from Computer Science?

hi dear
yes you can give exam for I.A.S officer this is a good job .
there are some criteria for this job like.........
*The candidates should be a graduate from any discipline with 55% from a recognize university.
*the age limit is 22 - 32 yrs.
there is a relaxation for sc /st & obc candidates .
*this exam is conducted under upsc so for more details you can visit website
http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck........
6th August 2011, 10:26 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam having completed B.Tech from Computer Science?

Quote:
Dear Friend,
It is quite appreciable that you want to become an IAS officer and want to serve the nation.

Eligibility Criteria For IAS:-

To apply for the IAS examination a candidate must be a Graduate in any stream from a recognized university and has age between 21-30 years.

As you have already completed B.Tech in Computer Science you are quite eligible for the examination.

To appear for the IAS examination you have to apply for the Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC.For more detail you can visit to the website www.upsc.gov.in

Best Wishes....
6th August 2011, 10:50 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes Definitely!!!!

There is no matter which stream is of your degree but the degree is equivalent to the graduation.

This entrance examination was conducted by UPSC every year.

The different levels of the UPSC examination :-
  • Preliminary Examination.
  • Main Examination.
  • Interview.
Eligibility Criteria :-

>>>You must have a graduate degree from any recognized university or equivalent examination.

>>>Your age should between 21 year to 30 years of age at the time of appearing.

>>>There is no minimum percentage required for this examination.

>>>Candidate who are studying in the last semester of graduate degree can also apply for this examination.
6th August 2011, 11:41 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
yes you can give ias exam but only after completing your b.tech.
for giving ias exam, the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase to 35 years for sc/st students.
if you are having these qualifications, then only you can give the exam.
there will be three rounds in the exam. firstly, you will have to give the preliminary exam. this exam will be of objective questions.
after qualifying in that exam, you will have to give the main exam, which will be in written form.
after passing both the exams, you will be called for the personal interview.
after passing that interview, you will become an ias officer.
the notification regarding the exam comes in the employment news.
for more details regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
6th August 2011, 01:38 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam having completed B.Tech from Computer Science?

Yes, sure, friend to become an IAS officer you must clear an exam conducted by UPSC. To be eligible to apply for that exam your age must be between 21 and 30. Hope you crossed 21. And the educational qualification required is a graduation. As you have finished your B.tech you are now a graduate and as per the education qualification also you are eligible to apply for UPSC exam to become an IAS officer.
6th August 2011, 02:02 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for IAS...

the only educational criteria for IAS is a graduation in any stream from any recognized university.....
Since you have completed your graduation in engineering, you are absolutely eligible.

other factors:

You should be a citizen of India.

Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.
[33 years and 35 years for OBC and for Sc/ST]

IAS is an exam that makes you to enter into the competitive world and make you to get the top posts such as DC and DSP and ACP so on..

You should have good knowledge in current affairs and social issues.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th August 2011, 02:14 PM
genius_911

Yes you are eligible for civil services examination conducted by UPSC to become an IAS officer.. The criteria to be eligible for the exam are:-
1. you must have completed your graduation in any stream but from the recognised university.. if you are pursuing your final year then also you are eligible..
2. the age limit is 21-30 years.. for SC,ST candidates; it is 21-35 years.. for OBC candidates; it is 21-33 years..
for more info, visit the site:-
6th August 2011, 02:17 PM
genius_911

Yes you are eligible for civil services examination conducted by UPSC to become an IAS officer.. The criteria to be eligible for the exam are:-
1. you must have completed your graduation in any stream but from the recognised university.. if you are pursuing your final year then also you are eligible..
2. the age limit is 21-30 years.. for SC,ST candidates; it is 21-35 years.. for OBC candidates; it is 21-33 years..
for more info, visit the site:-
6th August 2011, 03:51 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam having completed B.Tech from Computer Science?

yes you can apply for IAS examination because for giving this exam you only have to complete your graduation and you have done your graduation so you are eligible one thing i want to clear you that you have to change your subject paper you can't take Computer science as a subject paper.
6th August 2011, 04:46 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
there are some criteria for I.A.S exam..
*The candidates should be a graduate from any stream with more than 60% mark & from a recognize university.
*the age limit is 22 - 30 yrs.
relaxation for sc/st & obc candidates.......
*for more information you can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in
this exam is also called as civil service exam organize under upsc.

good luck................
6th August 2011, 04:48 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
there are some criteria for I.A.S exam..
*The candidates should be a graduate from any stream with more than 60% mark & from a recognize university.
*the age limit is 22 - 30 yrs.
relaxation for sc/st & obc candidates.......
*for more information you can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in
this exam is also called as civil service exam organize under upsc.

good luck................
24th October 2011, 11:07 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hiii friend.......yes,,,you can appear for the exam............

all the best
7th January 2012, 02:45 PM
chiknichameli

The eligibility criteria for this examination are as follows
->you have to complete your 21 years of age. then only you are eligible for the examination.
->you have to complete at least a degree to appear in this examination, No matter which stream is of your degree but you must have a degree certificate in your hand.

so by this it is clear that you are eligible for the examination.
one thing you have to remember is there will be no direct related subjects to your branch you have to choose a subject from general subjects like mathematics and psychology for the best result but there is possibility to opt any subject you like it may be commerce it may be electrical engineering and anything else.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?