4th November 2011, 10:25 AM
Paritosh Nath

Can I appear for IIT-JEE having secured 58% in PCM?

am i appear the JEE-IIT exame avg 58 percentage of PCM combination

4th November 2011, 03:52 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT-JEE having secured 58% in PCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [U
[/U]Paritosh Nath;1348430]am i appear the JEE-IIT exame avg 58 percentage of PCM combination
Hello Paritosh,
Since you have qualified +2 level of examination, you are eligible to apply for IIT JEE no matter how much you scored in the examination and which stream you belong to.
Apart from being qualified +2 level of exam, you must be within the maximum age limit of 25 years.
However, if you belong to SC/ST category, you may apply for the exam till the age of 30 years.
For more information, click here.
4th November 2011, 04:34 PM
jainchetan27

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for IIT-JEE having secured 58% in PCM?

yes you can appear but you should be ready to subject youself to the limits of your extension if you want to clear the exam..IIT-JEE is one of the toughest entrance exam for reputed IIT institutions..If you want to clear that exam,you need to give more than 100% in all the 3 subjects phy,chem n maths. Also join a good coaching institute for the same...all the best
4th November 2011, 05:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritosh Nath View Post

Dear friend,

Eligibility for IIT-JEE :-

1.The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board with physics ,chem and math.

2. You must score 60% above in 12th.

If you fulfill the above criteria then you are eligible for IIT JEE.

So You are not eligible for IIT-JEE exam.

All the best.
4th November 2011, 06:28 PM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

Eligibility for IIT-JEE Examination:-

1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc.

2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.

3. Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.

4. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.

5. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.

6. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.

7. H.S.C. Vocational Examination.

8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.

9. 3 or 4-year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.

IIT JEE 2012 - Important Dates

1.>Start of Online application process:-Monday,October 31, 2011.

2.>Closing of Online application process:-Saturday December 10, 2011.

3.>Start of Offline OMR Application Forms sale at Bank Branches Friday November 11, 2011

4.>Close of Offline OMR Application Forms sale Monday December 5, 2011.

5.>Last date of receipt completed IIT-JEE 2012 Application Form:- Thursday December 15, 2011.

6.>IIT-JEE 2012 examination day:-Sunday,April 8, 2012.

7.>Declaration of IIT JEE 2012 Results:-Friday,May 18, 2012

The Apply Procedure:-

The Information given below is based on IIT-JEE 2012 Exam Notification. Details regarding the application process will be published in leading national dailies and employment news/rozgar samachar on Saturday, 22nd October, 2011

Application procedure: A candidate can submit application either on-line through internet or off-line through prescribed (OMR) application form.

(a)Online: For online submission of applications, visit any of the websites given below and carefully follow the instructions given therein. Candidates can pay the application fee through NEFT or through challan of selected banks. The application fee for online mode is ____for SC/ST/PD/Female candidates and ____ for all other candidates. Online Application process will start on 31st October, 2011

(b)Offline:

A candidate can register Offline using the prescribed Optical Machine Readable (OMR) Application Form which can be obtained by cash purchase from bank branches given below with effect from 11 November, 2011.

OMR Application form cost including processing charges of 200/-

Form for GE/OBC Male candidates

Form for SC/ST/PD Male candidates

Form for All Female candidates

(c) Help-line (only in IIT Madras zone): Those who do not have access to computers and internet can also apply on-line with reduced examination fees by visiting any of the forty approved ‘CMC help-line’ centres distributed all over the IIT Madras zone. For details visit JEE website or contact CMC office tele – 044-22504500

All India list of designated branches of banks for purchase of application material is also given in websites of all IITs.

Institute – website

IIT Bombay – http://www.jee.iitb.ac.in

IIT Delhi – http://jee.iitd.ac.in

IIT Guwahati – http://www.iitg.ac.in/jee

IIT Kanpur – http://www.jee.iitk.ac.in

IIT Kharagpur – http://www.iitkgp.ernet.in/jee

IIT Madras – http://jee.iitm.ac.in

IIT Roorkee – http://www.iitr.ac.in/jee

All India helplines from 8 am to 8 pm – 044-42925020 and 21

best of luck.
4th November 2011, 07:29 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for IIT-JEE having secured 58% in PCM?

Hi

IIT requires a minimum of 60% in your 10+2 exam.

I am sorry to say, but the IIT authorities are very strict about this criteria. They won't entertain any such relaxation, if you are belonging to the General Category.

So, maybe you should start looking for other colleges as well.

All the Best.
5th November 2011, 12:27 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritosh Nath View Post

Dear Friend,

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for the IIT JEE examination is that the candidate must has passed class 12th with 60% marks having the subject combination Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.If a candidate has got 0.1% less than 60% then he is not eligible to apply for the IITJEE examination.

As you have got 58% you are not eligible for the IITJEE examination.

Best Wishes....
5th November 2011, 08:11 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

hi,
FOR the eligibility
you have to pass 12th with minimum 60% for general category and 55% for st/sc

all the best!
6th November 2011, 02:48 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for the IIT JEE examination is that the candidate must has passed class 12th with 60% marks having the subject combination Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.If a candidate has got 0.1% less than 60% then he is not eligible to apply for the IITJEE examination.

As you have got 58% you are not eligible for the IITJEE examination.

Best Wishes....
15th February 2012, 10:17 PM
puchu007

Dear friend,

Eligibility for IIT-JEE :-

1.The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board with physics ,chem and math.

2. You must score 60% above in 12th.

If you fulfill the above criteria then you are eligible for IIT JEE.

So You are not eligible for IIT-JEE exam.

All the best.
20th May 2012, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

I Am in 10th what should I do to have eligibility for IIT -JEE after 12th...?any tutorials?
8th June 2012, 09:30 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Unhappy Re: Can I appear for IIT-JEE having secured 58% in PCM?

Dear student,
I don't think you are eligible to give IIT-JEE exam as you don't satisfy the eligibility criteria of IIT-JEE.

According to eligibility criteria of IIT-JEE:
  • A student must have opted Physics, Chemistry, Maths in Class 12.
  • A student must have passed Class 12 with at least 60% marks.

As you had secured only 58%, so you are not eligible.
17th June 2012, 02:00 PM
aatif1

Minimum Percentage of Marks in QE(QUALIFICATION EXAMINATION-equivalent to class XII)

Candidates belonging to GE and OBC categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in QE. SC, ST and PD candidates must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in QE.

The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling / admission. In case such a certificate is not provided the decision taken by the Joint Implementation Committee (JIC) of IIT-JEE 2012 will be final.

That means you are eligible for iitjee if and only if you are a SC/ST/PD candidate
28th June 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

my 12th pcm is 55% and i belonging to genral catagory my now age is 19 and i had not appear even once in iit jee so i m very much intrested to appear iit jee in 2012 so am i elegible ?
8th August 2012, 07:39 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi...
Dear...
I am sorry to inform you, you are not eligible for the INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY(IIT) entrance exam ,named JEE (joint entrance examination).
Till now , you just had to score at least 60% in PCM..
But according to the new changed format of the Iit exam, you must have at least 78% in 12th board examination.
So you are not eligible for this examination...

So I would like to suggest you ,you should fill up the Improvement exams for 2013 for all the five subjects to gain at least 78% aggregate in 12th improvement,...
Also I would like to Inform you The Improvement result is 100% applicable..

So you should work harder,. because, earlier IIT-JEE was a tough exam, but now is one of the toughest exam in India.

In this new pattern, there will be a single engineering entrance examination for all IIT, NITS & OTHER GOVERNMENTAL COLLEGES.

There will be two stages -
1. Advance
2. mains
Through Advance, one can get admission in Nits , & top 50000 candidates of the advance are eligible for the IIT mains..

Thank you!!!!
~gamble~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?