20th January 2016, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in JAM if there is a gap of 5 years between 12th and degree?

Well actually i am passed board exam in 2011. And i am passed degree course in 2016. So tell me that can i appear in Jam?

30th June 2016, 10:45 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JAM if there is a gap of 5 years between 12th and degree?

JAM stands for Joint Admission Test and the examination is conducted for admission of candidates in master's course in IIT and IISc.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in the entrance examination eligible for admission.

Candidates pursuing in final year or passed bachelor degree can appear for examination.

The minimum required percentage in bachelor degree varies for different institutes after qualifying in entrance examination. So, you can appear for examination.
30th June 2016, 09:07 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JAM if there is a gap of 5 years between 12th and degree?

Gap year does not matter to get admission or appear for JAM examination to get admission in IIT and IISc.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that :-

Candidates must have passed bachelor degree from recognised varsity.

The discipline of bachelor degree must be as according to course you want to pursue in master's degree.

Candidates need to have minimum 55% in bachelor degree for admission in IISc.

So, you can appear for entrance examination after having gap year in between 10+2 and bachelor degree.
23rd June 2019, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

Is there any deduction of percentage for every year of gap for iitjam
24th July 2022, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

I'm graduated in 2021 & I wanna give iit jam BT in 2023. Is I'm eligible for this exam or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?