17th September 2015, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in CLAT 2016 at the age of more than 20 years?

I'll be 20 years and few months of of age by july 1 2016...so am i elligible to appear in CLAT 2016? Age limit for CLAT 2016?

17th September 2015, 02:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in CLAT 2016 at the age of more than 20 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'll be 20 years and few months of of age by july 1 2016...so am i elligible to appear in CLAT 2016? Age limit for CLAT 2016?
No, you can't appear for CLAT 2016 exam because your age is above 20 years.

CLAT is stands for Common Law Admission Test.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible to attend in CLAT exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
17th September 2015, 03:08 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and it is an entrance examination held for the selection of students for their admissions in the National Law Universities ( NLUs ) for law courses.

The examination is conducted once every year by different NLUs following a rotation policy. The qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age not exceeding 20 years by the 1st July of that year in which you are appearing in this examination. Further age relaxation of 2 years are provided to SC/ST and PH candidates.

* Also you must have completed your higher secondary school degree with any discipline with at least 45% aggregate from a recognized board of education.

So being over 20 years old by the 1st July 2016 you are eligible for CLAT 2016 only if you belong to SC/ST or PH category otherwise not.

For further information regarding the syllabus, question pattern and notifications about the CLAT 2016 you can log on to the link www.clat.ac.in.
17th September 2015, 03:43 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for the Common Law Admission Test and it conducts the entrance examination for the admission of the candidates in the 16 National Law university across India.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidates age must be less than 20 years as in July for the year of appearing relaxation in the age for the reserved category candidates.
* Candidates must have scored 45% aggregate in the board examination.

So if your age is above 20 years you are not eligible to appear for the examination. The examination papers contains the objective questions of the 200 marks from the General Knowledge, Mathematics, English.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.clat.ac.in.
17th September 2015, 07:26 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

If You belongs to General/OBC Category , then You are not eligible to apply for CLAT as per Age Limit Criteria for CLAT.CLAT is the Common Law Admission Test for admission in Law College for UG as well as PG courses.

Eligibility

UG Course
- You must have completed (10+2) from recognized board with atleast 45%.Relaxation applicable 5% for SC/ST.
- You age must be lower than 20 years on 1st July of the examination year.

PG Course
- You must have passed LLB from recognized university with atleast 55%.Relaxation applicable 5% for SC/ST.
- No Age Limit.

CLAT Syllabus
- English
- General Awareness
- Mathematics
- Legal & Logical Reasoning

Best Universities Accepting CLAT Score
- National Law School of India University , Bangalore
- NALSAR University of Law , Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University , Bhopal
- West Bengal National University Law Juridical Science , Kolkata
- National Law University , Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University , Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University , Gandhinagar
- Rajiv Gandhi National Law University , Patiala
17th September 2015, 07:30 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for the Common Law Admission Test. This entrance test is conducted by the National Law university of India for the Bachelor of law courses.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with at least 45% marks in it for general and OBC category and for SC/ST candidates it is only 40%.

The upper age limit for candidates on 01/07/2016 for general and OBC candidate is 20 years. For SC/ST candidate it is 22 years.

So, if you belong to OBC or general category, you are not eligible for CLAT 2016. However if you belong to SC/ST category, you are eligible as upper age limit is 22 years.
17th September 2015, 11:10 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

No,you are not eligible to appear in CLAT 2016 at the age of more than 20 years.

Because for apply CLAT a candidate should be below 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2016.

CLAT stand for Common Law Admission Test.

CLAT is national level entrance test for the admission to UG, PG and Integrated law courses.

The CLAT examination is conducted by the 16 National Law Universities of India.

The CLAT 2016 will be conducted by the Chanakya National law University, Patna.

The minimum requirement of academic to appear the exam is 10+2 level for UG and integrated course while for PG course the required qualification is UG in Law.

For apply CLAT a candidate should be below 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2016.

There is not any upper age limit criterion for the PG courses as prescribed by the respective Statutes of the participating Universities.
22nd January 2016, 10:00 PM
Ronie0309

CLAT or the Common Law Admission Test is the entrance exam to get into a law institute.
This exam is mostly given after the 12th standard board exams.
The age limit is 20 years.A person above 20 years of age cannot take this test.
Also one must have passed 12th standard board exams from a recognized university with a minimum of 50%.

This means that you are not eligible to take this exam.
You can still be a lawyer but for which you must do graduation first in any field of your liking.You must though pass the graduation and get a degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% atleast.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?