10th June 2018, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for JEE Advanced after 3 years gap of passing JEE Main in 2016?

I appeared for JEE Main only once in 2016 but I wasn't able to score 75% in my boards and this year I scored 75% as a private candidate. Now, can I appear for JEE Advanced - 2019?

12th June 2018, 01:58 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for JEE Advanced after 3 years gap of passing JEE Main in 2016?

No, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Advanced in 2019.

Candidates are eligible to appear for JEE Main examination only thrice and for JEE Advanced examination twice ( if passed JEE Main ).

The number of attempts will be taken in consideration from year of appearing in 12th board examination.

For more details about admission visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
12th June 2018, 04:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for JEE Advanced after 3 years gap of passing JEE Main in 2016?

There are only two consecutive attempts for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced.

Suppose if a candidate appear for board exam of 12th in 2018 then he can appear for JEE Advanced in 2018 and 2019 only.

You can not apply for JEE Advanced next year.
12th June 2018, 11:29 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and it is held by CBSE for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course across CFTIs such as IIT, NIT, ISM, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

JEE is conducted in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

Having appeared in JEE Main in 2016, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2019 as for appearing in JEE Advanced the maximum attempts allowed is two which includes the JEE Advanced of that year in which you have completed your Class 12th board examination first time and the JEE Advanced held in the following year i.e; in your case JEE Advanced 2016 and JEE Advanced 2017.

For more details and FAQs related to JEE eligibility, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in
13th June 2018, 12:30 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

A candidate can appear for JEE Main only 3 consecutive times. As you have already appeared for JEE Main once in 2016. So, now you cannot appear for JEE Main Exam in the year 2019.

And ultimately, you won't be able to appear for JEE Advanced Exam. Because for appearing in JEE Advanced Exam, you must qualify JEE Main exam first.
13th June 2018, 11:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, there are maximum two attempts for JEE Advanced examination including the year of appearing for the 12th board entrance examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination of JEE Advanced even after qualifying in Main stage of examination.

For more information about JEE visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?