5th July 2013, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for NET and SET exam after doing PG in English?

i am post graduate in english so can i appear the net and set exams?

16th August 2015, 12:00 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for NET and SET exam after doing PG in English?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the NET and the SET examination. NET stands for the National Eligibility Test and the SET for the State Eligibility Test the examination is conducted by the UGC for the NET and State board for the SET.

The examination is conducted for the recruitment on the Junior Resarch Fellowship and the Lectureship post. The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the Master degree from the recognised university in any discipline with the 55% aggregate.

So you can apply the examination is conducted twice every year in the month of June and the December. The age limit is 19-28 years for the JRF and no limitation for the Lectureship.
16th August 2015, 01:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am post graduate in english so can i appear the net and set exams?
You have completed post graduation degree in English so you are eligible for NET/SET entrance exam.

NET exam is conducted for JRF and LS post.

SET exam is conducted for LS post.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET/SET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET/SET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
17th August 2015, 07:29 PM
JSD.

Definitely you can appear in the SET /NET exam.SET exam is only for the lecture ship but NET exam is for JRF and LS both.

The basic eligibility criteria for NET/SET exam is to have a master degree in any stream from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.

There is relaxation by 5% for the aspirants belonging from the reserved category I.e. SC/ST category. The age limit for the JRF post is 28 year,but for the lectureship there is no age limit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?