16th June 2013, 11:39 PM
shweta rashmi

Can I appear for UPSC exam after doing Psychology hons?

can i appear for upsc exam.i have done psycology hons.previous year and i got only 55% marks.

31st May 2015, 08:17 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for UPSC exam after doing Psychology hons?

Yes you are eligible to apply for the Civil Services Examination conducted by the UPSC. The examination is conducted every year for the posts of IAS/IPS/IFS etc...The examination is consideredas toughest of all the examination.

* The eligibility to apply for the examination is candidates must have graduation degree or even the final year candidates can apply.
* The age of candidates must be 21-32 years for general category and relaxation in age for other category candidates.
* There is no ristriction on the discipline of graduation and aggregate in it.

So instead of being a Psychology candidates you are eligible. The examination is conducted in three stages and it is mandatory to qualify in each of them for the final selection.
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

The questions in the examination are generally from the General Studies, English Comprehension, Writing, Quantitative Aptitude. There are major number of questions from the optional paper which may be other than the graduation paper also.

The application for the 2015 is available and the examination will be conducted on 23rd August 2015. The Mains paper will be conducted in the November.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th September 2021, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I appear for UPSC exam after doing Psychology hons?

Can I apply for upsc exam if I have ba hons in applied pyschology?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?