12th September 2013, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CA after passing 12th class from commerce stream

can i apply for CA after 12th class from commerce stream and how many percents required for it?

22nd March 2015, 10:34 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CA after passing 12th class from commerce stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i apply for CA after 12th class from commerce stream and how many percents required for it?
Yes, you are eligible for CA CPT Examination after completing your Intermediate examination.

CA stands for Chartered Accountant and this examination is conducted by ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountant of India) every year. To become a Chartered Accountant you have to appear for the CPT (Common Proficiency test) conducted by ICAI twice in a year. CPT is the first stage in Chartered accountant course.

This examination is one of the most famous examination in India for commerce aspirants.

The aspirants may register for the CPT examination just after completing the 10th examination. It means you can register/enroll for Common Proficiency test just after passing your 10th examination, but aspirants may appear in the CPT examination only after completing the Intermediate examination. CPT examinations are held in June & December every year.

CA CPT exam is will be of Objective type, questions in the entrance test will be from Intermediate subjects. The test is of 200 marks, those who cleared this stage are eligible for further stages. The details available on the official website of ICAI.

Official Website: Click Here
23rd March 2015, 06:31 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Yes you can apply for CA after 12th class with commerce.

CA comprises of 3 stages :
  • Foundation Course
  • Intermediate Course
  • CA Final

First of all you have to register yourself with ICAI ( Institute of Chattered Accountants of India ). Then you have to appear for CPT( Common Proficiency Test ).
Common Proficiency Test consists of four subjects :
  • Accounts
  • Mathematics & statistics
  • Economic
  • Mercantile Laws

Exam will consists of objective type questions. It is conducted every June and December.

After passing CPT exam you need to register for IPCC( Integrated Professional Competence Course ). Fee of this course is around Rs.12,000/-. It has two groups Group I and Group II.

Group I consists of four subjects :
  • Accounts
  • Business laws Communication and Ethics
  • Costing and financial management
  • Direct and indirect taxes

Group II consists of 3 subjects :
  • Advanced Accounting
  • Auditing and assurance
  • Information technology and strategic management

IPCC is slightly tougher than CPT.

After passing IPCC you have to register for apprenticeship at any qualified Chattered Accountant and you have to do it for 2.5 years. You will earn minimum Rs.4000/- per month stipend during this period.

After completion of apprenticeship you have to appear for CA Final exam.

For more details just go to http://www.icai.org
24th March 2015, 08:45 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for CA CPT Examination after passing 12th class from commerce stream.

CA stands for Chartered Accountant.

To become a Chartered Accountant you have to appear for the CPT (Common Proficiency test) conducted by ICAI twice in a year.

For apply CPT(Common Proficiency test) exam candidate should be completed 10+2 examination from a recognized board.

For more information visit to- http://www.icai.org
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?