28th April 2015, 01:12 PM
priyanka sharma swt2u

Can I apply for CDS examination at the age of 19 years?

AM doing graduation through physics honours n m 19 year old and i have just given my 2nd year examination so may I apply for CDS examination?

28th April 2015, 02:34 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS examination at the age of 19 years?

Yes,you can apply for the CDS exam at the age of 19 years.

UPSC conducts CDS(Combined Defense Services) exam every year for recruitment in different wings of Indian Army.

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-For CDS exam,the age limit for

Indian Military Academy- 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 years to 23 years

Officer's Training Academy-19 years to 25 years

-The qualification required for Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy is Graduation in any discipline,for Indian Naval Academy,it is Bachelor of Engineering and for Indian Air Force Academy,it is 10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

-The exam process involves

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.
28th April 2015, 02:58 PM
poojasingh151

CDS that is Combined Defence Services Examination is conducted twice in a year by Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of IMA(Indian Military Academy), OTA (Officer Training Academy), INA (Indian Naval Academy), Indian Air force Academy).
Educational Qualification:
~ Candidates must have Bachelor or Graduate Degree from any recognized university for Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy.
~Candidates must have Bachelor of Engineering Degree for Naval Academy.
~Candidates must be passed in 12th Standard with PCM from any recognized university.
Age Limit:
For IMA, Candidates should be between 19 to 24 years.
For AFA, age should be between 19 to 23 years.
For Naval Academy, age should be between 19 to 23 years.
For Officer'sTraining Academy, age should be between 19 to 25 years.
For more details,visit www.cdsexam.com.
28th April 2015, 03:25 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for Apply CDS exam being a student of Graduation 2nd year.

If you want to apply for CDS exam then first you complete your Graduation degree.

CDS stand for Combined Defence Service.

CDS exam conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) two times in a year.

CDS exam is conducts for following wings:-

Indian Military Academy

Indian Naval Academy

Indian Airforce Academy

Officer's Training Academy

For Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy:-

Candidate should be complete Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.

Age should be between 19 years to 24 years.

And 19 years to 25 years age for Officer's Training Academy.

For Indian Naval Academy:-

Candidate should be complete a Graduation degree with studied maths,phyaics,chemistry in b.tech or equivalent from a recignised University.

Age should be between 19 years to 22 years.

For Indian Airforce:-

Candidate should be complete a Graduation degree with PCM sujects in b.tech or equivalent from a recognised University.

Age should be between 19 years to 23 years.
28th April 2015, 04:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for the Combined Defense Services. This entrance exam is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission for the different academies of defense.

The age limit for different academies of Defense through CDS exam:

>>Indian Military Academy: 19-24 years.

>>Indian Naval Academy: 19-22 years.

>>Indian Airforce Academy: 19-23 years.

>>Officer's training academy: 19-25 years.

Academic qualifications:

For IMA and OTA, degree from a recognized university.

For Naval Academy and Air force academy, Bachelor of science with physics or mathematics or bachelor's degree in engineering.

So you can apply for the CDS exam but as you have mentioned that you are in second year of bachelor's degree in physics, so your academic qualification is not enough to apply for this exam.

You can apply during final year of bachelor's degree.

For any more details about CDS exam, please Click here
28th April 2015, 05:00 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

UPSC conducts CDS(Combined Defence Service) examination twice every year for recruitment in Indian Military Academy,Indian Naval Academy,Indian Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for CDS examination are different for each academies
-For IMA, candidate must be of 19-24 years and holds a graduate degree from a recognized board .
-For Naval Academy ,candidate must be 19-23 years of age and must hold B.E/B.Tech degree
-For Indian Air Force Academy, candidate must be 19-23 years and must holds graduate degree with Physics and Mathematics in 12th.
-For Officers Training Academy, candidate must be 19-25 years of age and must holds graduate degree.

So, you are not eligible to apply for CDS examination.
You will have wait till you complete your graduate degree and fulfill the age eligibility .
28th April 2015, 05:23 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes absolutely you are eligible to apply for CDS Examination with your qualification and Age criteria. If you want to know about the details of the Notifications and Important dates you need to go through the below information.

Eligibility Criteria for CDS :

1.You must complete your graduation (In any stream)for Indian Army and B.Sc in Maths and Physics or B.E/B.Tech from the recognized university for Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.

2.Age limits may vary based on the type of wing and here we are providing you the Age criteria for different wings.

* Indian Army (IMA ) : 19-24 years

* Indian Navy : 19 - 22 years

* Indian Air Force : 19 -23 years

* For OTA (Officer's Training Academy ) : 19 - 25 years.

Important dates for CDS II Examination :

--> Starting date to fill the application form : 18/07/2015

--> Last date to fill the application form : 14/08/2015

--> Date of Examination : 01/11/2015.
28th April 2015, 05:29 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Combined Defence Services Exam conducted by UPSC for Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. CDS Exam held two times in a year.

Eligibility-

For IMA and OTA- Aspirant should have graduation degree in any discipline from a
recognized university. Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than
2nd January 1992 and not later than 1st January 1997.

For INA- Aspirant must have a degree in Engineering.Unmarried male candidate born not
earlier than 2nd January 1992 and not later than 01st January 1997.

For Air Force Academy- Aspirant should have passed 12th standard with Physics and
Mathematics and having a degree from a recognized university or
bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology. Age should be 20 to 24 years
as on 1st January 2016.

Physical Standard-

The applicants must be physically fit as per physicals standards of Combined Defense Services Examination.
28th April 2015, 05:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanka sharma swt2u View Post
AM doing graduation through physics honours n m 19 year old and i have just given my 2nd year examination so may I apply for CDS examination?
No, you are not eligible for CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers
28th April 2015, 07:04 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you are applicable for CDS examination as far as age limitation is concerned.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam:

IMA (Indian Military Academy) :

You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized University and your age should between 19 to 24 Years.

For Naval Academy :

You have to complete your Graduate degree course with Maths and Physics as a compulsory Subjects and your age should between 19 to 22 Years.

For Air Force Academy :

You must have to complete your Graduate degree course with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects and your age should between 19 to 23 Years.

For OTA (Officers Training Academy) :

You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized University and your age should between 19 to 25 years.

28th April 2015, 07:07 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is conducted by union public service commission two times in a year known as
CDS I and CDS II for the purpose of recruitment of officers in the defense field.

It has four wings which are as here under :-

i) Indian Naval Academy ( INA ) .

ii) Indian Air force ( IAA ) .

iii) Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) .

iv) Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ) .

The minimum eligibility required for appearing in this examination are as given :

* You must have the nationality of India .

* You must have done your graduation with Physics / Mathematics /any engineering course from a recognized university to be eligible for all the four wings otherwise you will be eligible for only IMA & OTA .Final year students are also eligible .

* The minimum age required for this examination is 19 years for all the four wings but the maximum age limit differs as 22 years , 23 years , 24 years & 25 years for INA , IAA , IMA & OTA respectively .

* The physical and mental fitness is required too for the same as per norms .

The examination is taken in two modes which are Written examination and SSB interview respectively .After qualifying the mode first you will be eligible for the second .

For further queries about the same log on to the official link of same which is www.upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm .
28th April 2015, 07:47 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You have not given the exact details about in which year graduation you are so it is difficult to say exactly whether you are eligible or not .
The eligibility criteria for the CDS examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year and the selected candidates are given opportunity to serve the nation as an Officer in Defence .

* Candidates who have passed the graduation or even final year students are eligible .
* Candidates age must be above 19 years but maximum limit is different for different wings .
* Candidates completed graduation must have graduation in the following manner for differnt wings .
OTA & IMA :- Graduation in any discipline are eligible. Maximum age limit for OTA is 25 years and for IMF is 24 years .
IAF :- Graduation in Physics /Mathematics or even B.tech in any discipline are eligible . Candidates age must be less than 23 years .
Navy :- Candidates completed graduation in Physics / Mathematics and even B.tech candidates are eligible . The age of candidates less than 22 years .

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in .
28th April 2015, 08:32 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible for the CDS examination conducted by the UPSC tice in a year . But you are eligible after completing your graduation for all the wings of Defence .

The examination is conducted in two stages as :-
Written .
SSB .

Candidates selected in both the stages are eligible for service .

The eligibility criteria for different wings are different :-
IMA :- Age between 19-24 years and graduation in any discipline.
OTA :- Age between 19-25 years and graduation in any discipline.
INA :- Age between 19-22 years graduation in Mathematics or Physics or B.tech in any stream are eligible .
IAF :- Age between 19-23 years graduation in Mathematics or Physics or B.tech candidates from any stream are eligible.

Note :- Candidates must be unmarried .

But still from now only you have better opportunity of one year for preparation .
28th April 2015, 08:37 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services.Yes,you can eligible for CDS exam.

CDS Exam conduct by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year for different posts like Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy.

I.M.A. candidate must have graduation degree from a recognized University.
Indian Naval Academy must have a degree in engineering from a recognized university.
Air Force Academy candidate must have graduation degree from a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics.

For IMA candidates born between 2nd January,1992 to 1st January,1997.
For Indian Naval Academy born between 2nd January,1992 to 1st January,1997.
For Air Force Academy born between 2nd January 1992 to 1st January,1996.

In all these categories only unmarried males are eligible.
28th April 2015, 08:56 PM
havvedprakash

Yes, you can give CDS exam being 19 years old.
Candidate who have passed their graduation or final year students can apply for CDS exams.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year.

Notification for CDS exam is held in the months of August and March.

CDS written examination is conducted in the months of February and August.

AGE LIMITS :
  • Indian Military Academy : 19-24 Years
  • Naval Academy : 19-22 Years
  • Air Force Academy : 19-23 Years
  • Officers’ Training Academy : 19-25 Years

Educational Qualification :
  • For IMA and OTA : Candidate must have degree from a recognized University or equivalent
  • For Naval Academy : Candidates with B.Sc. with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering
  • For Air Force Academy : Candidate who have passed B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics / Bachelor of Engineering

Selection procedure :
  • Written Exam of 300 Marks
  • SSB Interview of 200 Marks

For more details and latest notification please visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in
28th April 2015, 11:15 PM
bablu kumar 121
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Can I apply for CDS examination at the age of 19 years?

Quote:

Yes , Dear you are surily eligible .
One more thing i would like to tell you that tge required age criteria will be as given below :
General : 16½-19
Obc. : 16½-21
Sc & st. : 16½-23
28th April 2015, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

My JEE Main mark is 24 in ST category can I get an government engineering college?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?