10th February 2019, 07:10 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CTET while pursuing Diploma in Elementary Education?

I secured 43% in Higher Secondary, 42 % in BA (honors in English), now pursuing D.El.Ed 2nd year course. Whereas in 1st year I secured 72 %. So let me know am I eligible for CTET or not?

13th February 2019, 11:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CTET while pursuing Diploma in Elementary Education?

Having completed your higher secondary school degree with 43% marks and bachelor's degree with 42% marks, you are not eligible to apply CTET as the minimum marks required in higher secondary school degree or bachelor's degree course is 50% (or 45% marks in case of SC/ST or PH category candidates).

For more details regarding CTET eligibility conditions, you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
14th February 2019, 05:47 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CTET while pursuing Diploma in Elementary Education?

Candidates having D.El.Ed qualification are eligible to appear for the examination for recruitment as teacher.

CTET is conducted for recruitment as teacher. The minimum eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th or equivalent and have D.El.Ed qualification.

So, candidates in the final year of D.El.Ed are also eligible to appear for the examination. It is conducted by NTA.
14th February 2019, 06:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CTET is Central Teacher Eligibility Test. The examination is conducted for recruitment as teacher in government schools. Candidates have to appear and qualify in the examination for final selection.

The minimum required eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th and have done D.El.Ed course.

So, candidates in the 2nd year of D.El.Ed course are eligible to appear for the examination to get recruitment as teacher.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?