29th April 2013, 03:52 PM
jrssateeshsingh

Can I apply for IES exam after doing MBA in finance?

hi sir i have done MBA in finance can i apply for IES exam i am not much sure whether it comes in buisiness economics or not please advise me...

30th April 2013, 04:28 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES exam after doing MBA in finance?

Indian Engineering Services

Eligibility Criteria:-

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Educational Qualifications:- A degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.

Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the Examina tion will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite examination along with their detailed application form to be filled up at that stage.
For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th April 2013, 11:12 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

IES stands for Indian engineering services. IES exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year,

Eligibility Criteria for IES

Should be completed degree or diploma in engineering & technology for following branch
Mechanical
Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

Age limit
Candidate should be minimum 21 year and maximum 30 year
for SC/ST 5 year that means range of age is 21 to 35
For OBC 3 year that means range of age is 21 to 33

candidate should be Indian.

Thank you.....................
1st May 2013, 12:11 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For Indian Economic Services examination you must have Postgraduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics then you can apply for it.

If you don't have above qualification then you will not be eligible for the above examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC and if you want to apply for this examination then you must have the required age for it.

General Category - 21 to 30 years

OBC Category - 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category - 21 to 35 years

The selection will be based on the Written examination and Interview.

For more information please download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ISS.pdf(116.7 KB, 75 views)
1st May 2013, 09:38 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service/Indian Economics Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC every year.

You can apply for IES after doing MBA in Finance provided you must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. Graduate Degree for Engineering Service or must be a Graduate or Post Graduate in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics etc. for Economics Service and within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd May 2013, 12:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrssateeshsingh View Post
hi sir i have done MBA in finance can i apply for IES exam i am not much sure whether it comes in buisiness economics or not please advise me...

Indian Economic Services Examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete Post graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics course from a recognized University.

No , MBA finance is not related to business economics .

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for reserved category.

Pattern for Indian Economic Services Examination :-

For more details about Indian Economic Services exam , click on the link http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd May 2013, 09:14 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IES - Indian Engineering Service conducted by UPSC every year for appointment of young Engineers in the top technical post under different Dept. of Central Government.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Engineering Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Hence to apply for IES exam, one should be a B.Tech. Graduate, so after doing MBA in Finance you can apply for IES provided you have B.Tech. Degree with aforementioned eligibility criteria.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd May 2013, 02:30 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrssateeshsingh View Post
No you will not be eligible to apply for IES(Indian Engineering Services) Exam.For appearing a candidate should have a Engineering/Master degree in Engineering streams.

Educational qualification required :-
-->>A candidate should have a bachelor engineering degree of 4 years in following stream
  • Civil Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics and Communication Engineering
OR

-->>Master degree in Wireless Communication/Electronics/Radio Physics/Radio Engineering.

-->>A candidate minimum age should be 21 years.
-->>Candidate age should not be above 30 years.

Exam Pattern details of IES

2nd May 2013, 04:13 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend
IES means Indian Engineering services

Only engineers are eliigible for IES not MBA candidates

IES is conducted by UPSC board

The candidates must complete B.Tech in either
1. Civil engineering
2. Electrical engineering
3. Electronics engineering
4. mechanical engienering

Also M.Sc candidates with qualification from
1. Wireless Communications
2. Electronics
3. Radio Physics or Radio Engineering

If you have completed B.Tech or M.Sc from the above qualification then apply for IES

all the best.......
3rd May 2013, 11:44 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

IES stands for the Indian Engineering services as well as Indian Economic services .

You have not mentioned that for which service you want your eligibility so I am mentioning the eligibility criteria for both after which you can judge yourself whether you are eligible or not.

For Indian Engineering services ,you must have done your bachelor's degree in any stream of engineering /technology from a recognized university .

Final year engineering candidates can also apply for the exam.

The age limit is 21-30 years and relaxations in age is provided to the obc and sc/st respectively.

Now for the Indian Economic services :

You must have master's degree in economic /business economics/applied economics/econometrics from a recognized university.

The age limit is 21-30 years for the general candidates on the 1st January of the year of examination.

Now you can judge whether you are eligible for the Engineering or Economic services after master's degree in business administration in finance.

Hope the information will definitely help you .If you want any more clarification or you have any other query please leave it here.

all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?