21st May 2017, 04:48 PM
khushboo sony bajaj

Can I apply for IIT after completing 3 years Diploma engineering?

I am a diploma student who have passed 2 year and i am topper in my college and now i will go to 3rd year. So can i apply for IIT after completing diploma or in 3rd year of diploma?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to apply JEE exam after completing my diploma??
  3. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  4. Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?
  5. Is it possible to join IIT after completion of 3 years diploma course from BTEUP?
  6. Details about ITI certificate valuation
  7. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  8. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  9. Can i apply for IIT-JEE after completing Diploma with a gap of 2 years between them? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible to join B.E in IIT after comlpetion of diploma in Electronics and Communication engineering?
  11. Which courses can I pursue after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Can I get admission in IIT and which exam do I have to appear for admission?
  12. How can I apply for Anime Engineering after completing 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering from Rajasthan?
  13. Can I get admission in B.E. 2nd year in IIT being a Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of three years diploma course in mechanical engineering?
  15. How can I get admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  17. How much percentage is required in Diploma to get admission in IIT?
  18. In which course to apply after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
22nd May 2017, 12:44 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for IIT after completing 3 years Diploma engineering?

No, you can't apply in IIT after completion of your diploma in engineering. Candidates can take admission in IIT after qualifying in JEE. But you can take admission in any other engineering college through LEET exam which will be as good as IIT. Thanks
22nd May 2017, 04:46 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Lateral Entry admissions are not allowed in IITs.

So, if you are a Diploma holder or pursuing Diploma courses then you cannot take admission into IITs.

For getting admission here, you will have to complete 10+2 first with PCM stream.

Then, apply for JEE Main Exam, qualify it.

Then, qualify JEE Advanced Exam to get admission to IITs.
22nd May 2017, 08:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IIT refers to Indian Institute of Technology and IITs are the premier technical institute of India known for providing qualify education in technical degree course.

As far as you are concerned about your possibility of getting admission in IITs after completion of diploma in engineering degree course then your are certainly eligible but for that you need to qualify JEE.

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same examination is held by CBSE once every year in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

Also for appearing in the same examination, you need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying under 25 years ( relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates ). Further you must have completed your diploma in engineering degree course from a AICTE or State board of education approved college.

For more details regarding JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?