2nd April 2019, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Indian Air Force without having Mathematics in Intermediate?

I have Biology and not Mathematics in my 12th. So, will I be able to apply for Indian Air Force without Mathematics in Intermediate? Can't I apply for any division or department of Indian Air Force with Biology?

5th April 2019, 02:41 AM
Warrior6782
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Air Force without having Mathematics in Intermediate?

Hi,

Yes you can join indian air force without having maths in 12th.

But in the entrance exam of airforce i.e AFCAT (Air force common admission test) you will face some basic mathematics questions of 6th to 10th class mathematics.

You just have to deal with them and clear the test.

Thank you
5th April 2019, 02:48 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Air Force without having Mathematics in Intermediate?

No, you cannot apply for Indian Air Force without having mathematics in intermediate.

Mathematics is compulsory for Air Force recruitment in exam. You can join Indian Air force exam through NDA, CDS exam.

NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. NDA exam is conducted for recruitment in Army Wings, Navy Wings, Air Force Wings.

The minimum required qualification for NDA exam is 12th standard from a recognised board. If your 12th subject is mathematics and physics then you are eligible for all above wings otherwise you can apply only for Indian Army.

The candidates age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC / ST candidate. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services Examination. CDS exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

To enter the Air Force Academy you need to get a BSc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor degree in engineering / technology and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

You can get more information regarding the exam at the official site of UPSC at http:// www.upsc.gov.in.
5th April 2019, 11:01 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot apply for Indian Air Force without having mathematics in intermediate because in order to join Indian Air force through NDA examination, a candidate must have passed 10 + 2 with PCM stream from a recognised board.
7th April 2019, 10:55 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Having not pursued Mathematics at Class 12th level, you are eligible to join Indian Air force but only as an airman Y group.

Further, to join the Airman Y group, you are required required to qualify Airmen recruitment examination and for appearing in the same examination, you need to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 17 years to 21 years. Also, you are required to have completed your Class 12th in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognised board. You must also hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For details regarding Indian Airforce airmen selection recruitment, you can refer to the link www.airmenselection.cdac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?