14th July 2017, 04:24 PM
Chitransh Dosar

What is the eligibility criteria followed to apply for Indian Air Force? Can I apply if I have scored 70 percent marks in intermediate?

Sir/Mam, What is the eligibility criteria followed to apply for Indian Air Force? Can I apply if I have scored 70 percent marks in intermediate? Can you please give me the right details on the same? It will be helpful if you can get back to me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Sample Papers of LDC Exam?
  2. Eligibility criteria & educational qualification required to apply in Indian Air Force Group-Y Medical Assistant recruitment? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Air Force entrance exam after completing class 12th scoring 66.2% marks?
  4. Can I apply for Indian Air Force after clearing 12th with 79.60 percent marks?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for Indian Air Force?
  6. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which site to select for Public Exam registration in AirForce(Administration and Logistics)?
  8. How to apply for Indian Air Force being a candidate having scored 62% in HSC?
  9. Am I eligible to join Indian Army as a Clerk if I have scored 45 percent in intermediate from Bihar board?
  10. Age limit to apply in Indian Air Force Group X recruitment 2018?
  11. Are Girls eligible for Indian Air Force? Eligibility criteria and how to apply for it? Is there any limitation for it? Any jobs for girls in Indian Air Force?
  12. Eligibility criteria to join Indian Air Force for Aeronautical engineer? When and how to apply for it?
  13. Can I get into IAF having secured 2nd Divison in 10+2? When will be the next notification for Flying branch?
  14. How can I join NDA after completing AME? I am a 22 years old student
  15. How can I become an IAF officer?
  16. How much percentage must be required to apply after 12th for Indian Air Force?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for the Indian Air Force and Navy exam? How much should I score in class 10th to join any of them?
  18. Eligibility to apply in Indian Air Force for a B.Sc student who have -1.5D eyesight?
15th July 2017, 03:44 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed to apply for Indian Air Force? Can I apply if I have scored 70 percent marks in intermediate?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Air Force after completion of your 12th standard with 70 percentage marks from a recognised board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to join Indian Air Force through NDA examination. You should be at least 16.5 to 19.5 years of age, should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force.
15th July 2017, 03:51 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed to apply for Indian Air Force? Can I apply if I have scored 70 percent marks in intermediate?

Intermediate candidates who has studied Mathematics and Physics can apply for National Defence Academy entrance exam for joining Indian Air Force.

*The age limit for NDA exam is 16.5-19.5 years.

*There are two stages of NDA exam called Written test and Service Selection Board.

This is held twice every year by UPSC.
15th July 2017, 04:42 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Air Force after 12th candidates have to appear and qualify in NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper. The age limit is between 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates are eligible.

The examination is conducted in written and SSB stage.

You can also join Air Force as Flying Officer.

Only physically fit candidates are eligible to join the service.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in or www.careerairforce.nic.in.
15th July 2017, 05:12 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Candidates can join Air Force through technical entry or by NDA entry. The technical entry is conducted by Air Force for recruitment on different post in Air Force.

Candidates after qualifying in NDA examination will be eligible for recruitment as an officer.

As per your qualification you will be eligible to appear for both examination and after qualifying in all stages of examination will be eligible for final selection.

The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC and application form will be available online at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2017, 05:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Air Force after 12th by passing both stages of National Defence Academy. The eligibility criteria to appear for NDA exam for Air Force is that candidate must have done 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics. Board appearing candidates can also apply for NDA exam.

The age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5-19.5 years. Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA exam. You should be physically and mentally fit.
15th July 2017, 05:51 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria followed to apply for Indian Air Force after 12th:

Academic qualification: Candidate should have studied Physics and Mathematics in 12th to apply for NDA entrance exam.

Age criteria: 16.5-19.5 years.

No female candidates can apply for NDA exam to join Air Force.
15th July 2017, 07:42 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for Indian Air Force:

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Air Force after completion of 12th Class with 70% marks. There is a certain criteria to be eligible for joining Indian Air Force,

>> For 12th Class :- To join NDA (National Defence Academy), you must have completed 12th Class from a recognized university.

>> On the basis of Graduation :- To join CDS (Combined Defence Services), you must have completed Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university

>> As you are done with 70% marks in 12th Class, you are eligible to join National Defence Academy services under UPSC.
15th July 2017, 08:03 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

1. For Indian Air Force, candidate must have passed 12th class with 70% in PCM and 50% in English from a recognized board.

2. The age of candidate should be 16½ and 19 Years.

3. If you have done your 12th class in science stream then you can apply for Indian Air force otherwise not.
15th July 2017, 08:06 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for Indian Air Force because the candidate who have done their 10+2 or equivalent education in physics, chemistry and maths from any recognized board.

For joining in Indian Air Force you need to attend for NDA (National Defense Academy) exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year. You need to apply for the exam.

In IAF there are 3 departments like flying, technical and ground duty. For this all groups you need to attend for NDA exam. There are few other exams like CDS, AFCAT but the educational qualification is different for them. For more details you can check their official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?