12th November 2016, 12:03 PM
Abhishek kkumar

Can I apply for Indian Railway Loco Pilot job after completing ITI? Can I become a Loco Pilot with a weak eyesight?

Respected Sir, I have passed ITI and now I want to do a job in Indian Railway as a Loco Pilot but my eye sight is weak I use lens of power --1.50 D. I am suffering from Myopia and my height is 5 ft 11 inch, my weight is 64 kg. I want to know cn I apply for Indian Railway Loco Pilot job with such criteria?

13th November 2016, 11:31 AM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Railway Loco Pilot job after completing ITI? Can I become a Loco Pilot with a weak eyesight?

You are not eligible for Indian Railway Loco Pilot with poor eye sight.Candidate must have good eye sight for the post of Loco Pilot in Indian Railway.

Physical criteria

Distance vision 6/6 without wearing spectacles

Near vision 0.6 without wearing spectacles

Must have passed test for color vision,night vision etc

You will be allowed up to -4D & hypermetropia is up to +4D.

Some posts in which you can apply in Indian Railway after intermediate are mentioned below.

Junior clerk

Ticket collector

Junior stenographer

Ticket checker

Computer typist

Booking clerk
13th November 2016, 11:45 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Railway Loco Pilot job after completing ITI? Can I become a Loco Pilot with a weak eyesight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek kkumar View Post
Respected Sir, I have passed ITI and now I want to do a job in Indian Railway as a Loco Pilot but my eye sight is weak I use lens of power --1.50 D. I am suffering from Myopia and my height is 5 ft 11 inch, my weight is 64 kg. I want to know cn I apply for Indian Railway Loco Pilot job with such criteria?
Unfortunately you will not be able to apply for Loco Pilot job even after completing ITI course because of your medical issue. Here the most important thing which is seen in each and every candidate before recruiting a candidate for this job is medical fitness. The medical fitness has to be maintained from the period of joining and up to the end of career as a Railway Driver.
13th November 2016, 12:47 PM
Navneet patyal

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for Indian Railway Loco Pilot job after completing ITI? Can I become a Loco Pilot with a weak eyesight?

If your eye sight is weak, then you can check the notification before apply for the loco pilot job.
In the notification, you will get the details about the medical test for the post of Loco pilot.
Indian Railway release notification every year, for the post of loco pilot.

To become a loco pilot you should have the following eligibility.

You should have a 12th with 50% of marks from recognized board.
You should have a valid ITI certificate in relevant discipline.
If you have the above certificate then you can apply for the loco pilot application form.
If you clear the written exam and interview test, then you are eligible for the medical exam.

If you pass the medical exam, then you are eligible for the post of loco pilot.
You can contact the medical staff for more details.
You can also visit the official website of Indian Railways. http://www.irctc.co.in
26th July 2021, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

After b.com also can we go for iti in relevant course to become loco pilot
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?