20th May 2016, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Which course should I select to become a Loco Pilot after +2?

Sir
I have took science course in +2 and I also passed the +2 examination now tell me that which course I have to select now to become a loco pilot?

21st May 2016, 12:30 AM
A033bhishek

Default Re: Which course should I select to become a Loco Pilot after 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
I have took science course in 2 and I also passed the 2 examination now tell me that which course I have to select now to become a loco pilot?
To become a loco pilot in Indian Railways you must passed 10th standard followed by ITI in any of the given trades.
For instance:- Fitter/Instrument Mechanic/Electrician Maintenance Mechanic/ Radio & TV/Electronics/Mechanic Motor Vehicle/Wireman/Tractor Mechanic/Armature & Coil Winder/Mechanic Diesel/Heat Engine.
>>Age must be lie between 18 and 30 years.
21st May 2016, 01:33 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which course should I select to become a Loco Pilot after +2?

Hello,

The eligibility criteria for the Loco Pilot is as follows -

1)The candidate should have passed the 10th board/matriculate exams.
AND
2) a) Course completed Act Apprenticeship/ ITI approved by NCVT or SCVT in the field of Fitter, electrician, Instrument Mechanic,Wireman etc to name a few.
OR
2) b) Diploma in Mechanical, electrical, electronics, automobile engineering or even having higher educational qualification in Mechanical, electrical, electronics, automobile engineering approved by the AICTE bodies.

Now as you have completed you 12th Board exams. So, in order to become a Loco Pilot you may go for the Diploma course or B.Tech degree( In the Mechanical, electrical, electronics, automobile engineering) from recognized colleges/university so that you can become eligible to apply against the competitive exams for becoming the Loco Pilot.
21st May 2016, 10:18 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

To apply for loco pilot , You should choose either ITI course or Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics/Automobile engineering. RRB conducts entrance exam for the post of loco pilot.

Loco Pilot Eligibility
- You should have passed matriculation plus ITI course from a recognized institute. Candidates who have passed Electrical/Mechanical/Automobile/Electronics engineering are also eligible to apply for loco pilot.
- Your age should be between 18 to 30 years.

Exam Syllabus
- Reasoning
- Technical Ability
- General Awareness
- General Science
- Arithmetic
- General Intelligence

Selection Procedure
- Passed matriculation plus ITI course.
- Apply for RRB assistant loco pilot.
- After clearing written test , Shortlisted candidates will be informed for Interview and Verification.
- After clearing this level , Your medical fitness will be checked.
- After that , You will get posting as a assistant loco pilot.
21st May 2016, 10:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
I have took science course in +2 and I also passed the +2 examination now tell me that which course I have to select now to become a loco pilot?
You can choose ITI or diploma course after 12th standard to become a Loco Pilot.

Those candidates who have completed diploma and ITI course from a recognized University are eligible for Loco Pilot exam.

Age criteria:-

Minimum age =20 years
Maximum age =30 years
21st May 2016, 01:31 PM
13precious

You should have passed ITI degree after 12th completing.

Age Criteria:- 18 to 30 years

Nationality:- Indian

ITI must be obtained from any of the stream of electrical,mechanical,automobile instruments mechanics etc.

Engineering passed students who has completed mechanical or electrical can also apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?