14th October 2015, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for TNPSC exams at the age of 31 years?

My name is Sudha and my age is 31 . Am an M.A graduate and i have 7 years of experience in BPO (Chennai) . Now I would like to apply for TNPSC exams. My question is whether can i apply for TNPSC exams for my age 31. If i can which group (1 or 2) am i eligible to apply?

Please help me out to apply. Waiting for your response.

Thank you.

14th October 2015, 05:12 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for TNPSC exams at the age of 31 years?

TNPSC stands for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission which is used to conduct mane entrance exam for recruiting candidates those who are interested to do Government jobs.
There are certain eligibility criteria which are as follows:

The candidates should be a citizen of India.
The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
The age limit is 21 - 30 years,
There is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

For more details visit website of Tnpsc.
http://www.tnpsc.gov.in
14th October 2015, 08:48 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for TNPSC exams at the age of 31 years. With respect to your qualification, you are eligible to apply for both group exam.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for the Group I exam are as under:-

-The candidate academic qualification to apply for the exam should be Bachelor's degree.
Final year candidate can also apply for the Preliminary Examination.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 31 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection procedure involves of

Written Test , and

Interview

The eligibility required for Group II are as under:-

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

-The candidate must have secured more than 60% in 10th and 12th and 55% in graduation.

-The candidate age to apply for the post should not be more than 35 years.There is relaxation provided for OBC/SC/ST categories candidates.

-The candidate must be able to speak,read and write local language .
14th October 2015, 09:10 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

TNPSC stands for the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The academic qualification for this Group I and II exam is graduation in any stream.

The age limit for general category candidates is 18-30 years. There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC and SC/ST candidates of three years and five years respectively.

So, you can apply for the TNPSC exam only if you belong to OBC or SC/ST category.
14th October 2015, 10:19 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for TNPSC exams at the age of 31 years?

TNPSC stands for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.

As per my knowledge you are not eligible for apply TNPSC exams at the age of 31 years.

AGE LIMIT FOR TNPSC EXAMINATION

** Minimum age should be :: 17 years

** Maximum age should be :: 30 years

** No limit for candidates of reserved category.
14th October 2015, 10:39 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the examination if you belong to the reserved category candidates.

The examination for the TNPSC examination is conducted for the recruitment of the candidates in the state government officer post. The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university and the age between the 18-30 years for the general category.

So you can appear for the examination. The examination is conducted in the three stages and you have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection.
14th October 2015, 11:04 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

***Yes you can apply for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission group 1 exam so here is the information of the same for you:::

**Eligibility Criteria===>

*Age Limit:--
-Candidates must be between 21 years to 30 or 31 years

-Age relaxations is applicable as per the rules.

**Educational Qualifications:::::}

~>Candidates must have passed qualification of Degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India..
15th October 2015, 08:37 AM
H Rimmy

TNPSC Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission exam which is conducted every year.

If you belongs to SC category then you are eligible for this exam because no limitations required for SC category.

Age should be minimum 21 to 30 years.If you belongs to OBC & General category then you are not eligible for this exam.
15th October 2015, 01:23 PM
Mahindra434
Junior Member+

The candidate academic qualification to apply for the exam should be Bachelor's degree.
Final year candidate can also apply for the Preliminary Examination.
The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 31 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
So you are eligible for this exam.
16th October 2015, 12:20 AM
bhargim

31 years of age is okay if you are from OBC or SC or ST category.

other than this, if you are from General or OC category, then you can not apply.

age criteria is
21-30 years for OC
21-33 years for OBC
21-35 years for SC and ST

now you check your age and if you are not oc, then apply for TNPSC.

TNPSC means Tamil Nadu Public service commission just like UPSC for Andhra Pradesh.

These exams are for state wise Government jobs.
23rd May 2019, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am 31 years old... But belongs oc category...can you please help me to know the details that which post can I apply in tnpsc
24th May 2019, 12:26 PM
Rahimaan

Yes, you can apply for TNPSC exams at the age of 31 years. With respect to your qualification, you are eligible to apply for both group exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?