21st February 2018, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UPSC on the basis of my graduation mark sheet only?

I'm doing graduation from Madurai Kamaraj University and I'm in my last year. It was distance education. I'm having only my mark sheet right now. Certificate not come yet. So can I apply for UPSC exam?

25th February 2018, 11:01 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC on the basis of my graduation mark sheet only?

First thing I would like to let you know that UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commission and as the name suggests same is a commission that conducts various entrance examination for recruitment of personnel as central government employee.

Basically, UPSC examination is used for referring Civil Services examination which too is held by UPSC once every year for recruitment as administrative officers like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc..

Now, as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in the same examination while pursuing final year of your graduation degree course from a Madurai Kamraj University which is UGC recognized open university than I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as per the educational requirement for appearing in same examination which is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized open or regular university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
25th February 2018, 03:21 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam if you are in final year of your Graduation.

There will be three stages in UPSC Civil Services exam to crack:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview

Preliminary Exam is compulsory for all so you can appear for this exam without submitting any graduation details.

After qualifying Preliminary, you will have to give graduation details for appearing in Mains Exam.
25th February 2018, 08:51 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service commission. UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS, etc. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services Examination is as below:

Candidate must have done Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this examination.

The age limit for Civil Services examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

Yes, it is a good decision, you can proceed towards your career goal.
25th February 2018, 10:01 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Service Examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in the upper limit for reserved category.

Candidates pursuing in the final year of graduation degree are also eligible to apply for examination.

The application form for the examination is available now. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
25th February 2018, 10:24 PM
randhirk.rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm doing graduation from Madurai Kamaraj University and I'm in my last year. It was distance education. I'm having only my mark sheet right now. Certificate not come yet. So can I apply for UPSC exam?
YES, You can apply for the UPSC Civil Services exams.

Next UPSC Civil Services Prelims exams notification would be released by UPSC 7th February 2018.

Last date to apply is 6th march 2018.
UPSC prelims exams is on 3rd June 2018.

Educational Qualifications to appear in this exams:Graduation pass in any stream from an recognised University

Age Limit:Minimum 21 years for all candidates
Maximum age is 32 years for General category candidates
3 years age relation for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?