30th April 2015, 02:19 PM
deepaliharia

Can I become a Collector after becoming a CA? Which is more prestigious IAS or Collector?

Tell me can i become a collector after becoming a CA?
N how should i go about it?
which is more prestigious-IAS OR COLLECTOR?

1st May 2015, 01:00 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Collector after becoming a CA? Which is more prestigious IAS or Collector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaliharia View Post
Tell me can i become a collector after becoming a CA?
N how should i go about it?
which is more prestigious-IAS OR COLLECTOR?

To become a Collector is a good choice of yours and yeah you can become a collector after becoming CA (Chartered Accountant). The procedure is you should qualify the civil services exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and this exam is conducted every year.

The Civil exam consists of the CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test) and those who qualify in this test can attend the preliminary, main exam and interview. The eligibility needed are:

>> Nationality

>> Age Limit

>> Education Qualification

To be descriptive about these criteria they are that:
  • The candidate appearing for the exam must be a Citizen of India
  • The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years of age
  • There are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidates and they are that for SC/ST it is 21-35 years
  • For candidate of OBC it is 21-33 years and if you are a Ex-service men then you will get 5 years exception from the prescribed limits.
  • The Educational qualification needed is, candidate must have completed a Degree from a recognized university in any stream of education.

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?