27th November 2019, 01:12 PM
SonuRaja1245

Can I become a District Collector if I got appendix surgery?

Hi, recently I got appendix surgery. So, will I be able to become a District Collector? Will I face any issue during medical examination of District Collector?

29th November 2019, 11:14 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I become a District Collector if I got appendix surgery?

There will be no issue if you want to become District collector in future if you have gone through appendix surgery.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Administrative Services:

Academic qualification: Bachelor' degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Minimum of qualifying marks in bachelor's degree. The minimum age limit is 21 years.

You will have to crack Preliminary, Mains and personal interview.
29th November 2019, 10:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

A candidate who joins Indian Administrative Services after certain years of experience in service is given post of District Collector. You can join IAS after appendix surgery. There will be no problem after this surgery during medical exam of IAS.

To join IAS, a candidate needs to clear preliminary, mains and personal interview of Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC. The minimum academic qualification is bachelor's degree and minimum age limit is 21 years.
30th November 2019, 10:29 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Appendix is a vestigial organ. The surgery of Appendix of any candidates has no effect on selection or rejection of candidate during medical examination of Civil Services examination.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply.

2. The age limit is 21-32 years for general category candidates. OBC and SC/ST candidates are eligible for upper age relaxation.

The notification for next Civil Services examination will be released in February 2020.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?