25th April 2022, 10:55 PM
Sree@1234

Can I become a doctor after completing BPT? What are the preparations required?

I am too interested in medical field.. Now i am working as a physiotherapist... And can i become a doctor? How?

28th April 2022, 10:20 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a doctor after completing BPT? What are the preparations required?

To become a doctor or surgeon you need to persue MBBS from a good college.
You need to have physics , chemistry and biology as compulsary subjects in 10+2 level.

Or if you just want to add prefix then you can complete masters in physiotherapy and then go for PhD to obtain a doctorate degree in physiotherapy.
29th April 2022, 04:52 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a doctor after completing BPT? What are the preparations required?

To become a doctor, you can continue to pursue a Masters in Physiotherapy after BPT, and then go for a Phd in Physiotherapy to obtain a doctorate degree in physiotherapy.
29th April 2022, 09:57 PM
jacobleo329

Yes you can.

The Big 4 of healthcare sciences are referred to as BPT (Bachelor in Pharmacy with Professional Training).

Getting a B. Pharm is a very difficult task that involves years of training, such is performed by MBBS and BDS graduates who already possess the relevant GATE / GPAT scores. There are two more options for attaining a doctor's degree – M.S Pharma or DVM, both of which require additional specialized medical degrees as well. These names correspond to different post graduate courses like .

Just remember that candidates holding diplomas from foreign medical schools need to train their profession through graduation from an all India board and then take up their residency towards the completion of three-years of specialization.

All this needs to be reiterated for fresh grads, during which time the students will begin building a foundation for tertiary entry exams like licensing examinations such as JIPMER and similarly if they intend to work in the US at any point in their life.
30th April 2022, 01:31 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Physiotherapists are not allowed to portray themselves as registered medical practitioners by prefixing the word "Doctor" with their name. You can definitely join MBBS after doing a Bachelor in Physiotherapy course and for that, you need to appear for medical entrance tests such as NEET.

The educational qualification required to study MBBS is a candidate must have passed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?