29th October 2017, 05:01 PM
Husnoor

Can I change my board from IGCSE to CBSE in grade 10th?

I am studying in an IGCSE school and it's a boarding school. Can I change my board from IGCSE to CBSE in grade 10th to come back home? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? Awaiting to get the response soon on this. Thank you!

30th October 2017, 07:53 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my board from IGCSE to CBSE in grade 10th?

1. You are allowed to change your board from IGCSE to Central Board of Secondary Education but you can not get direct admission in tenth standard.

2. According to rules of CBSE, the registration of CBSE tenth board exam is done in ninth standard. You will have to admission in any CBSE affiliated school in ninth standard if you want to appear for board exam of tenth from CBSE.

3. Admission process begins in March. You can approach any CBSE school with academic documents upto 8th standard.
30th October 2017, 08:19 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to change the board in 10th std. Candidates are eligible to change the board in 9th std.

Candidates are eligible to change their board only before 9th std or after 10th std.

So, if you do not want to make a gap year you must have to continue with same board.
30th October 2017, 10:03 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

No, it's not possible to change your board in class 10th. You can change your school in class 10th. But you can't change the board.
As the registration is already done in class 9th.

You will not get admission in class 10th directly if you want to change your board.
If you really want to change your school board than you have to repeat class 9th.
30th October 2017, 11:35 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that the final registration of a candidate for appearing in CBSE Class 10th board examination is done when the candidate is pursuing his/her Class 9th only.

So as far as you are concerned about your migration from IGCSE board to CBSE board in Class 10th directly then it is not possible as for appearing in CBSE Class 10th board examinations student must have been enrolled to a CBSE affiliated school from his/her Class 9th at least due to above stated reason.
31st October 2017, 05:02 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

No you can not migrate to CBSE board of education from any other board of education directly in Class 10th as the registration of candidates for appearing in CBSE Class 10th board examination is done while the candidate is pursuing his/her Class 9th.

So in case you really want to migrate then in that case you will have to enroll in Class 9th of a CBSE affiliated school or you can migrate in Class 11th next year.
13th March 2022, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Currently my daughter is studying in class 9th in Indonesia in IGCSE,Due to some issue we are shifting in India after completing her 9th standard.Can she get the admission to standrad 10th in India
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?