28th May 2021, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Ed after 12th from commerce stream? Is graduation compulsory to do BEd?

I'm a student of commerce and I want to know that can I get admission in B.ED college after 12th so that I can start applying for the job as a teacher in government school or is it compulsory to complete my graduation to do B.ED?

31st May 2021, 09:26 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Ed after 12th from commerce stream? Is graduation compulsory to do BEd?

B.ED stands for Bachelor of Education and the minimum qualification required for
pursuing the same degree course is a graduation degree in Arts/Commerce/Science
stream from a recognized university.

So, on the basis of Class 12th education, you are not eligible for pursuing B.Ed degree course unless you go for a graduation degree first.
31st May 2021, 09:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Ed after 12th from commerce stream? Is graduation compulsory to do BEd?

B.Ed is bachelor in education. It is two year course. The required eligibility to get
admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you are not eligible for admission in course after 12th but eligible to get admission in integrated B.Ed course.

You are not eligible to apply for teaching job without diploma or bachelor degree in education.
1st June 2021, 10:02 PM
Singhskomal

Hello students, you should do graduation before b.ed degree is eligible for government teacher....b.ed is compulsory for teaching sector if you do b.ed after your graduation you apply for TGT post in private and government school...and after postgraduation and b.ed you are eligible for PGT post also...
All the best....
2nd June 2021, 09:21 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

✓ No, you can't do. B. Ed is a bachelors degree course in teaching. After 12th commerce, you will not be able to go for B. Ed. Graduation degree is compulsory for B.ed course. Candidates who have completed graduation or masters degree with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for B. Ed course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?