14th June 2012, 01:36 PM
VYASHARDIK

Can I do MCA course being a Commerce student?

I am a commerce student..can i do MCA ?

14th June 2012, 05:37 PM
mnbgvs

Default Re: Can I do MCA course being a Commerce student?

HI,

MCA 2012 – Eligibility Criteria

The eligibility criteria ofMCA 2012 are as mentioned below.

· Graduation in any stream (minimum 3 years duration) from the recognized university or its equivalent exam

· Candidates should have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at Senior Secondary level or higher level examination.

Or

· Graduation in any stream (minimum 3 years duration) from the recognized university or its equivalent exam with Mathematics or Statistics as any one of the subjects.

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]IF YOU have statistics as one of the subject then you are eligible for MCA

ALL THE BEST....
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
8th July 2012, 12:20 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by VYASHARDIK View Post

Dear Aspirants ,

Being a Commerce stream candidate are eligible to apply for MCA course , But you should having Mathematics subject in your 12th standard (or) Bachelor degree .

( For Example :- You should have Commerce +Mathematics, then your eligible for MCA Course .)

Any stream candidates are eligible to aply for MCA course , then Only Criteria is that the candidates should have Mathematics in 12th standard or Bachelor degree .

Many Reputed MCA Colleges are require Mathematics subject . So,Please go through the Eligibility Criteria before apply or MCA Course .

So, If you having Mathematics subject then definitely you may get admission for MCA course in reputed Colleges , Otherwise It's difficult to get admission for MCA Course .

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application . The duration of the course for two years and the course is divided into four semester .

Eligibility Criteria Required for MCA Course:-

You should Complete Bachelor degree in any discipline ( B.com / BCA / BA / BBA / B.sc ) from recognized University . Every Colleges require Minimum 60% percentage of marks in your bachelor degree and also you should have Compulsory having Mathematics subject . The institution may conduct entrance Examination within the College .

The Admission for MCA Course is based on the Entrance Examination Performance . The Entrance Examination is based on the Objective with Multiple choice .

If your satisfy this eligibility Criteria then definitely you may get admission for MCA Course in reputed Colleges .

Top MCA Colleges in India :-
  • Birla Institute of Technology
  • National Institute of Technology
  • Vellore Institute of Technology
  • Aligarh Muslim University
  • Sikkim Manipal University
  • PSG College of Technology
  • Motilal Nehru Regional Engineering College
  • College of Engineering
  • Regional Institute of Technology
  • MN National Institute of Technology
8th July 2012, 01:15 PM
AJAYPANWAR101

Thumbs up Re: Can I do MCA course being a Commerce student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VYASHARDIK View Post
Yes you can do MCA.

Eligibility Requirements are:

For JAM exam:- Bachelor's degree with mathematics as a subject for at least one year for annual system candidates/ at least two papers of mathematics for semester system candidates.

For other entrance exam:- Bachelor's degree with 50% marks & having maths, english as main subjects in class 12th.
OR
Bachelor's degree with mathematics as a subject for at least one year for annual system candidates/ at least two papers of mathematics for semester system candidates
8th July 2012, 01:34 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

MCA - MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATION is a two years Post Graduation course an can be pursed after Graduation in any stream provided the candidate has studied Mathematics in 10+2 level or Graduation.

So being a Commerce Graduate you are eligible for MCA provided you have studied Mathematics in Graduation or 10+2 level.

For admission to MCA course some reputed Institutions conduct entrance examination based on objective type questions and on the basis of mark secured in the entrance exam, the admission to MCA course conducted.
12th July 2012, 12:39 PM
AJAYPANWAR101

Angry Re: Can I do MCA course being a Commerce student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajen18 View Post
MCA - MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATION is a two years Post Graduation course an can be pursed after Graduation in any stream provided the candidate has studied Mathematics in 10+2 level or Graduation.

So being a Commerce Graduate you are eligible for MCA provided you have studied Mathematics in Graduation or 10+2 level.

For admission to MCA course some reputed Institutions conduct entrance examination based on objective type questions and on the basis of mark secured in the entrance exam, the admission to MCA course conducted.
Friend please give right information to aspirints so that they again come to forum because you had written that MCA is 2 years post graduation course but actually it is 3 year course not of 2 years.
21st July 2012, 02:30 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

MCA stands for master of computer application.
After completing your graduation you can apply for MCA.
course duration is 2 years.

The list of the MCA entrance Exams:

-All India MCA Common Entrance Test

-Birla Institute of Technology Entrance
Exam

-Integrated Common Entrance Test

-Maharashtra Common Entrance Test

-National Institutes of Technology
Common Entrance Test

-Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
(MCA)

Fees for MCA is totally depen on the college which you select for study and is very with college.

Here is most general structure is:

generaly total amount of fees is between Rs 40,000 to 60,000.

for more info. please check official website.

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?