9th July 2015, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Can I do Petroleum Engineering course after completion of B.Sc Chemistry?

Can I do Petroleum Engineering course after completion of B.Sc Chemistry? Can someone please provide me the answer on the same? I need to know if it's advisable to do petroleum engineering course after B.Sc. Will that help for my future or not?

9th July 2015, 12:12 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do Petroleum Engineering course after completion of B.Sc Chemistry?

Yes, you can also do the petroleum engineering course after the graduation in chemistry there are many collages and Universities in india that offer this course but I suggest only two university that are best in this field in india are-

>> University of petroleum and energy study, dehradun
Uttarakhand

>> Rajiv gandhi university of petrochemical study
Uttra pradesh

>> for the admission in this university you have to either Crack the GATE exam or the exam taken by university personally can also be attempted which of forms are of rs 2200 and after cracking the exam to enter this course interview and colour vision of eyes is important.
9th July 2015, 02:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Petroleum Engineering course after completion of B.Sc Chemistry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do Petroleum Engineering course after completion of B.Sc Chemistry? Can someone please provide me the answer on the same? I need to know if it's advisable to do petroleum engineering course after B.Sc. Will that help for my future or not?
You have completed B.Sc degree in Chemistry so you are eligible for B.Tech or B.E in Petroleum Engineering trough Lateral Entry exam.

The eligibility criteria for the Lateral Entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

Your age should be above 17 years.
9th July 2015, 03:43 PM
aamras

Petroleum Industry has many opportunities.

M.Sc in petroleum is offered by the following colleges

-Punjab University.
-Benaras Hindu University.

Petroleum industry has luring opportunities so a career in it would be recommendable.

They are in demand in the oil sectors.

Companies like-

Reliance
BPCL
HPCL
IOCL
ONGC
Oil India Limited
recruit petroleum engineers
9th July 2015, 04:41 PM
vickyhansi

You can do Petroleum Engineering after completion of B.Sc Chemistry but based on 12th standard.

Course duration of this course is 4 years.

You should have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum 50% marks in English from recognized board.

Selection Process:

Admission Test/Personal Interview

If you have B.Sc degree in Geology or diploma in Mechanical or Chemical engineering are eligible for Lateral Entry scheme.
9th July 2015, 04:50 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Eligibility and selection criteria : petroleum Engineering course.

Eligibility:

** Minimum 50% marks at higher and senior secondary level (10th and 12th)

** Minimum 50% aggregate in physics, chemistry,maths at secondary level also mandatory.

Admission Criteria:

JEE rank (followed by central counselling through merit ranking).

Yes, you can apply for petroleum engineering course but you have to sit for an entrance exam then only you can get admission.

Job prospectus:

After completion of petroleum engineering course you will get a job under following designation:

Reservoir Engineering
Technical support Engineering
Senior Geo scientists
Drilling Engineering
Tender and quotations Analyst
Process Engineer etc.

Top Institutes offering this course are:

B.R Ambedkar Technological University

University of Petroleum studies

Dr. Harising Gour University

Indian School of Mines

Nowrosjee Wadia College

Maharashtra Institute of Technology etc.
9th July 2015, 05:48 PM
Mohit.Bansal

Yes, you can get admission in Petroleum Engineering after B.Sc Chemistry. You will get the admission in 2nd year of Engineering through Leet. For admission you have to provide the B.Sc Marksheets and Degree certificate.

What is the Scope?
Petroleum Engineering field has wide scope. There is always need a lot of manpower in this field. Also there are good perks in that field. If you complete the Degree with good percentage you will get job easily.
25th April 2017, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I do chemical or petro chemical engineering after completion bsc with chemistry hon. But is it possible to do master degree course after bsc?
If it is then please suggest some college of chemical engineering in odisha. Because I am from odisha. Please sir....
30th May 2017, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

I'm given a last month exam of TYBSC in chemistry... and i wana job in oil gas or petroleum industries.. so is it possible to do a MSC in petroleum or oils and gas if is it so which one is the best collage in Maharashtra or anywhere in india??
11th July 2018, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I do petroleum engineering after diploma chemical engineering
29th August 2018, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I do petroleum engineering after bsc in physics and is there any scope for this in Assam
20th March 2019, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

sir i have not took mathematics subject in 12th and i am doing bsc in chemistry so can i do petrolium geology????
3rd February 2020, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Can i do petroleum engineering after completion of bsc. Physics?
11th July 2022, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Msc oil&gas available merit college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?