6th August 2012, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for IPS and IAS exam after completing BBA?

sir,
i have complited bba can i eligible in ips and ias exam,please sir tel me in my
gmail account- [email protected]

14th August 2012, 12:14 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for IPS and IAS exam after completing BBA?

yes , you are eligible for both Indian Police Services and Indian Administrative Service Examination after doing Bachelor of Business Administration

from recognized university provided you fulfill all the other minimum requirement set by UPSC.

UPSC conduct IPS and IAS examination once in a year.

For both examination minimum qualification is Graduation from recognized university or any other equivalent qualification.

But high Physical Fitness Level is demanded by UPSC for Indian Police Service Post whereas if candidate possess Basic Fitness level

than also he/she is eligible for Indian Administrative Services.

You should not have less than 21 yrs of age and not more than 30 yrs however there is relaxation for obc/sc/st/pwd candidates.

General category candidate can apply 4 times till the age of 30 yrs but other sc/st/obc/pwd/etc candidate have

more number of chances to apply in these examinations.

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.
  • Preliminary Exam ( objective type exam)
  • Main Exam (descriptive question answer)
  • Personal Interview

Preliminary Examination Pattern

Main Examination Pattern

Clearing one will get you to another level exam.

Important dates ::

Date of Notification:Febrary
Date of Preliminary Examination ::May
Date of main examination ::October

For more information about the IAS visit the official website or read employment newspaper
www.upsc.gov.in/
15th August 2012, 02:35 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I be eligible for IPS and IAS exam after completing BBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
Eligibility For IAS and IPS

A candidate can join IPS or IAS only if the candidate clears the Civil Service Exams conducted by UPSC every year..

Eligibility Criterion :-

A candidate can appear for the exam only if :-

>> The candidate has cleared his graduation from a recognized University in any discipline..

>> The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category..21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST candidates..

>> Apart from these qualifications..candidates applying for IPS must also be able to fulfill the physical requirements..

I have attached a few previous year question papers of Civil Service Exams..

You can go through them and I hope they will help you in your preparations..

I have also provided you with the pattern of the examination..

You can simply Click Here in case you want any more details about the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IPS Physical Eligibility.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	105424  
Attached Files
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 86 views)
File Type: pdf IAS ENGLISH_COMPULSORY 2010.pdf(167.8 KB, 67 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_I 2010.pdf(210.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_II 2010.pdf(296.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: doc IAS-Prelims-Paper-I-Solved-2011.doc(86.0 KB, 79 views)
15th August 2012, 02:53 PM
singhhr23

Depending upon the eligibility criteria for IAS you are eligible for IAS exam.You can apply for it.To become an IAS officer you will have to give civil service exam which is conduct every year by UPSC.

IAS stand for Indian Administrative Service. It's is a very reputed post of government job.

Any one who completed graduation they can apply for IAS exam. so first of all you should complete your graduation in any of the streams from a recognized university.

Age limits :

You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:
upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes(BC's)

Number of attempts :

The number of attempts can vary based on the Reservation your have i.e
- General candidates: four attempts.
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
- Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.

Fee for general candidate is Rs. 100 only. No fee for sc/st/pd.

Thanks...
15th August 2012, 03:04 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
IPS EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN POLICE SERVICE.
Eligiblity for ips exam:-
>you must have passed graduation from a recognized university.
>age limit is 21 to 30 years.
Age relaxation is given by govt. Rules.
You must be indian citizen.
Same eligiblity is ias exam.
For more:-
www.upsc.gov.in
15th August 2012, 05:41 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

the Examinations for IAS & IPS are conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission as "Civil Services Examination".

The Eligibility criteria that you require in order to set yourself eligible for the civil services examination are :

* You must have completed your graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* Your age should lie in between21-30 years if you belong to General Category.

* Their is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years if you belong to OBC Category and of 5 years if you belong to SC/ST Category.

* You must be an Indian Citizen.

* In Case to become an IPS Officer , you must be physically and mentally fit.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

For further details regarding the same , you can visit :

http://onestopias.com
15th August 2012, 06:15 PM
padmasree253

Thumbs up Re: Can I be eligible for IPS and IAS exam after completing BBA?

Quote:
sir,
hi friend,

the Indian Police Service is one of the most prestigious services in india .
Along with IAS, IFS (Indian Forest Service), the IPS is also an All India Service (AIS) so the person selected for the IPS may have to serve in any part of the country.
The IPS Exam is part of the Civil Services Exam conducted by the UPSC .
IPS Exam Eligibility
For getting selected to the IPS, there are two types of eligibility.
One is that you should be eligible for appearing for the IPS exam and the other is that after clearing the mains and while appearing for the physical tests during the interview stage you should meet all the physical and other requirements as mandated..
You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam form and not more than 30 years of age
You must possess a graduate degree in any discipline of any of the Universities .
or Candidates who are in the final semester of graduate degree .
a candidate MUST be a citizen of India.
Special Physical Requirements for IPS
As mentioned earlier candidates appearing for the personality test on clearing the civil services mains exam have to meet certain physical requirements to be eligible for IPS.
Minimum height of 165 cm for Men and 150 cm for Women (minimum height is relaxable to 160 and 145 cm for Men and Women respectively in the case of candidates belonging to ST and to races such as Gorkhas, Garhwalias, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals etc.)
Min Chest girth fully expanded: 84 cm for Men and 79 cm for Women. Expansion of 5 cm for Men and Women.
Total amount of Myopia (including the cylinder) should not exceed minus 4.00 D and total amount of Hypermetropia (including the cylinder) should not exceed plus 4.00 D
Presence of Squint is a disqualification

Better eye (corrected vision) Worse eye
Distant vision 6/6 or 6/9 6/12 or 6/9
Near vision J1 J2
Corrections permitted spectacles
Color vision requirements High grade
Binocular vision needed Yes

Syllabus for IPS Exam
The IPS examination is conducted in three stages, the preliminary examination, the main examination and the interview. The preliminary examination is divided into two papers they are general studies and optional subject. The syllabus covered under preliminary examination is precisely given below:
General Studies:
Under the general studies paper, the syllabus covered is history of India and Indian National Movement, general mental ability, Indian and world geography, current events of national and international importance, Indian polity and economy. For detailed syllabus the candidates can visit http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/csp2009/syll-prel/cspr-gen.htm
Optional subjects:
Agriculture:
Some of the topics covered under agriculture are factors determining geographical distribution and agro ecological zones of crop plants, cultural practices for pulses, cereal, scientific basis for crop rotations, importance of crop plants, etc…For detailed syllabus the candidates can visit http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/csp2009/syll-prel/cspr-agri.htm.
Animal husbandry and veterinary science:
Some of the topics covered under this subject are role of livestock in human health and Indian economy, nutrition, animal production, genetics and breeding, infections in animals, etc… For detailed syllabus the candidates can visit http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/csp2009/syll-prel/cspr-ani.htm.
Botany:
Some of the topics covered under this subject are cell biology, biodiversity, plant genetic resources, plant and environment, methods of reproduction and seed biology, plant physiology, etc… For detailed syllabus the candidates can visit http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/csp2009/syll-prel/cspr-btny.htm.
Chemistry:
Chemistry is divided into three sections inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry. For detailed syllabus the candidates can visit http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/csp2009/syll-prel/cspr-chem.htm.
Civil Engineering:
Some of the topics covered under civil engineering are engineering mechanics, geotechnical engineering, transportation engineering, environmental engineering, etc… For detailed syllabus the candidates can visit http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/csp2009/syll-prel/cspr-cvlengg.htm.
Commerce:
Some of the topics covered under this subject are accounting and auditing, company law, management, different types of business organizations like partnership, sole proprietorship, etc… For detailed syllabus the candidates can visit http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/csp2009/syll-prel/cspr-com.htm.
For more detailed syllabus for both preliminary examination and main examination the candidates can visit the following link: http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/csp2009/sec3-syll.htm

IPS Preparation Tips

Proper planning is very much essential in the process of preparing for the IPS civil service examination. The candidate should plan the time to be spent for preparing for each subject.
It is essential to go through the NCERT books of classes 6 to 12. If the candidates have a clear knowledge about the subjects covered under these books, it will be easier for them to get through the IPS examination.
The candidates should keep themselves updated regarding the current affairs by reading the newspapers daily.
Monthly news magazines will also be helpful. The candidates can go through the magazines like chronicle, The Frontline, Yojana, Kurukshetra, The week / outlook, Survey of Indian industries, etc…
In the case of preliminary examination, it will easier for the candidates to score well in case they select subjects like geography, political sciences, public administration and history. On the other hand, it will be difficult to score in subjects like civil engineering. Therefore, the candidates should think twice before selecting the optional subjects.
Preparing with the help of the past five year question papers is very much essential. This is because, generally the same pattern of questions is followed and so it will be easier for the candidates to practice well for the examination.
It is very much essential for the candidates to develop their presentation skills, only with good presentation skills; they will be able to succeed in the IPS examination.
15th August 2012, 06:29 PM
samatha89
Member+

you are eligible for both Indian Police Services and Indian Administrative Service Examination after doing Bachelor of Business Administration

from recognized university provided you fulfill all the other minimum requirement set by UPSC.

For both examination minimum qualification is Graduation from recognized university or any other equivalent qualification.

But high Physical Fitness Level is demanded by UPSC for Indian Police Service Post whereas if candidate possess Basic Fitness level

than also he/she is eligible for Indian Administrative Services.

You should not have less than 21 yrs of age and not more than 30 yrs however there is relaxation for obc/sc/st/pwd candidates.

General category candidate can apply 4 times till the age of 30 yrs but other sc/st/obc/pwd/etc candidate have

more number of chances to apply in these examinations.

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.

Preliminary Exam ( objective type exam)
Main Exam (descriptive question answer)
Personal Intervie
15th August 2012, 08:35 PM
rch91

Quote:
sir,
Yes, you are eligible for IAS and IPS exam as you have completed your graduation.
eligibility criteria for IAS and IPS exam is:
1. you must have completed your graduation from any recognized uni.
2.Age limit should be between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is there in case of SC/St/OBc etc.
3.you have to follow some physical requirements too for applying this exam.
For any notification you can refer to their official site.
15th August 2012, 09:14 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

yes , you are eligible for IAS / IPS with BBA Course

Eligibility :

Complete graduation in any stream from a recognized university

age limit :

Age limit between 21 to 30 years for General candidates
33 years for OBC candidates
35 years for SC/ST candidates
15th August 2012, 09:14 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...........
IAS & IPS exam , For this both exam you have to appear civil service exam , the details eligibility criteria are as follows....

*The candidates should be a graduate in any stream from a recognize university .
*The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
*There is a relaxation for Sc/St & OBC candidates.

The exam pattern :-

The optional subjects which you can choose in this exam....

good luck........
26th November 2012, 02:35 PM
Viraj0013

Dear friends

yes , you are eligible for both Indian Police Services and Indian Administrative Service Examination after doing Bachelor of Business Administration

IAS stand for Indian Administrative Service. It's is a very reputed post of government job.

Any one who completed graduation they can apply for IAS exam. so first of all you should complete your graduation in any of the streams from a recognized university.

Age limits :

You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:
upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes(BC's)

Number of attempts :

The number of attempts can vary based on the Reservation your have i.e
- General candidates: four attempts.
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
- Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.

Fee for general candidate is Rs. 100 only. No fee for sc/st/pd.
26th November 2012, 09:03 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I be eligible for IPS and IAS exam after completing BBA?

Quote:
sir,
hi friend

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

1. A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
  2. Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.
26th November 2012, 10:52 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

Yes you are eligible for IAS IPS exam. UPSC conducted this exam Once in a year. there are three stage of this exam.

step 1 prelims (In the month of may)

Step 2 mains (In the month of October)

Step 3 interview

Eligibility Criteria For this Exam is

candidate should be graduate from recognized university in any stream. marks or percentage doesn't matter.

Age Limit

General 21 to 30
OBC 21 to 33
SC/ST 21 to 35

Nationality- must be Indian

No. of attempts

General- 4
OBC- 7
SC/ST- no limit
good luck
26th November 2012, 11:37 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Yes, you are eligible for IAS/IPS after completing BBA, as per your qualification but you also have to fulfill age criteria.

UPSC conducts IAS/ IPS exam. This exam is called CSAT.

Eligibility criteria-

Qualification -

Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

Age -

Should be between 21- 30 years. Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

Visit www.upsc.gov.in
27th November 2012, 12:16 AM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello dear,
yes ,you are eligibile for both IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE ) EXAM & IPS (INDIAN POLICE SERVICE ) CIVIL SERVICB EXAM which are conducted UPSC.
As you are satisfying the required eligibility criteria that is follow below ;

*graduation with 50% marks.

*age 21 to 30 years.

*no of attempts- 7 times for general category.

*4 times for SC/ST CATEGORY.

PATTERN OF EXAM ;
*PREMELINARY.
*MAINS.
*INTERVIEW.

Good luck. . .
27th November 2012, 12:36 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

IAS & IPS exams are the civil service exams.
This exams are conducted by the UPSC every year.

ELIGIBILITY:

You should be indian.

You should complete the graduation from any recognized university.

Final year candidates are eligoble.

Your age limit is between 21 to 30 years.

3 years age relaxation for OBC

5years for SC\ST.

All the best.......
27th November 2012, 10:32 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I be eligible for IPS and IAS exam after completing BBA?

Quote:
sir,
Yes,you can join for IPS and IAS exam.

Minimum education criteria

Graduate

Age limit

He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.and there is exemption of 3 years of OBC and 5 years for SC/ST...

Exam pattern for both the exam is

27th November 2012, 11:24 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for any of the two. Any graduation degree ensures that you face no hurdle in applying for the Indian Police Service and Indian Administrative Service Exams that are conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

BBA is also considered graduation degree therefore you won't face any such problems. Just feel free to apply for the any of the two. But remember that you can not apply for both IAS and IPS at the same time.

To apply you will have to submit the admission form which is released at the end of year. Following which you will be called to appear for preliminary exams that are conducted in May followed by Main exams if you passed the preliminary.

Upon passing Main exam you will be called for personal interview and if did well, you will be selected for the IAS or IPS.

Eligibility

1. Only Indian nationals can apply for Civil Service Examination.

2. You must have a bachelor degree in any stream.

3. There is no minimum percentage criteria.

Age Limit

1. The age limit is set at 21 to 30 years.

2. However OBC candidates are given 3 years relaxation in upper age limit.

3. SC/ST candidates are given 5 years relaxation
27th November 2012, 12:34 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to IAS and IPS exam after completing BBA i.e. after Graduation.

To become an IAS/IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The candidate aspiring for IPS should have good Physical a Fitness and they should maintain a minimum prescribed Physical Requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:- General Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male 85cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th November 2012, 11:45 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

IAS(INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE),IPS(INDIAN POLICE SERVICE) these exams are conducted by the UPSC once a year any graduate candidates are eligible for this exam so you can eligible for this exam there is no need of marks in how many marks you got in graduation level.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Degree holders are eligible

Required age for this exam is 21 to 30 years

3 years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates

5 years for SC/ST candidates

Candidate should be a citizen of india

SELECTION PROCESS:

Preliminary exam

Main exam

Interview

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

4 times for general candidates

7 times for OBC candidates

No limit for SC/ST candidates

for more information please visit the site www.upsc.gov.in

BEST OF LUCK....
30th November 2012, 10:34 PM
LUCKY 4

you are eligible for both Indian Police Services and Indian Administrative Service Examination after doing Bachelor of Business Administrationfrom recognized university provided you fulfill all the other minimum requirement set by UPSC.UPSC conduct IPS and IAS examination once in a year.For both examination minimum qualification is Graduation from recognized university or any other equivalent qualification.
7th December 2012, 12:08 AM
irshad.a
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

THANK YOU...
30th June 2016, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for civil services after completing my bba??and can I present myself for it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?