22nd March 2021, 07:30 AM
Suman Singh@

Can I be eligible for the PGT in Sociology in Central School through MA(Sociology) program being a BEd and Zoology graduate?

Hi everyone, I have done BSc in Zoology and BEd. I am thinking to do MA in Sociology. If I do this MA then I will be eligible for the PGT Sociology in Central School? Or I should do MSc in Zoology?

30th April 2021, 02:13 AM
Pikachuuuu

Default Re: Can I be eligible for the PGT in Sociology in Central School through MA(Sociology) program being a BEd and Zoology graduate?

You can't pursue MA Sociology on the basis of BSc Zoology.

You are eligible to pursue MSc Zoology on the basis of BSc Zoology.

If you complete MSc Zoology than only you will be PGT in Zoology in Central School through MA(Sociology) program being a BEd and Zoology graduate.

If you want to be PGT Sociology than you have to complete your graduation and post graduation with Sociology only.
8th May 2021, 02:16 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for the PGT in Sociology in Central School through MA(Sociology) program being a BEd and Zoology graduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suman Singh@ View Post
Hi everyone, I have done BSc in Zoology and BEd. I am thinking to do MA in Sociology. If I do this MA then I will be eligible for the PGT Sociology in Central School? Or I should do MSc in Zoology?
Look,in B.Sc, there are 3 main subjects like zoology with chemistry/biochemistry/microbiology/biotechnology /genetics/botany etc,.
If you want to pursue further,then you can opt for the above mention subjects.
If you want to do MA sociology then you should have one of the subjects.
Many reputed universities require graduation degree in sociology with honors or as sociology one of the subjects in their graduation with 50%-55%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?