22nd May 2015, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I get direct admission in degree or should complete 12th first?

I have completed 10 th in 2004-2005 and discontinue my study can I now take direct take degree or I should complete 12 th?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I take direct admission to section-B in AMIE? I've done 2nd and 3rd year degree but could not complete on regular basis
  2. Admission in direct 2nd year degree in UP after completing diploma with 83%? Which is the entrance and what is the criteria?
  3. Can I apply for BSc in Animation after completing 10th?
  4. How should I apply for B.A after studying 10th?
  5. Procedure of doing BCA course and its employment opportunities?
  6. How to get direct admission in 2nd year MBBS degree course? What is the fee structure for it?
  7. Can I be eligible for BBA or MBA after doing schooling?
  8. How can I become a agent raw after passing 12th
  9. Can I resume back my studies to do graduation after completion of 10th standard?
  10. How to get a job after completing graduation? How to get direct admission after 12th for 3rd year BA student
  11. Can diploma holders get direct admission in B.E 2nd year? Which subjects will I have to study in 3rd year? What is the fees for it?
  12. Am I eligible for direct 2nd year admission in degree colleges of Maharashtra after completing diploma in Mechanical from Tilak University? What is the procedure? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Is it better to do direct CA? I am doing 12th in Tamilnadu
  14. How to take admission in M.Tech without any bachelor degree?
  15. Am I eligible for direct 2nd year admission in colleges of Maharashtra after doing diploma in mechanical?
  16. Can I get direct admission in B.E after completing 12th with 78.86%?
  17. How to take admission in direct 3rd year degree after completing diploma 3rd year
  18. Can I do MCA after graduating with PGDCA?
23rd May 2015, 01:36 AM
ab7777

Default Re: Can I get direct admission in degree or should complete 12th first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed 10 th in 2004-2005 and discontinue my study can I now take direct take degree or I should complete 12 th?
Hi,
Getting a direct bachelor's degree is not possible before completing 12th standard from a recognized board. So you can appear privately for the 12th board exam and then pursue your bachelor's degree.
Alternatively, you can do a 3 year diploma course which can be done directly after 10th standard from a university. These diploma courses are offered in various fields such as computers, electronics, mechanical, civil, etc. and after the completion of these 3 year diploma courses you can enter a bachelor's course in second year directly through lateral entry.

Hope this helps.
23rd May 2015, 01:31 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

> You have to complete your intermediate for any degree course that you want to pursue.

> See, irrespective of the stream, for any bachelors course the basic criteria is the intermediate.

>If you have not completed your intermediate then unfortunately you are not eligible to enroll for any graduation course.

>Also, there is one more way out.
See, if you are interested towards the technical field, then you can pursue our diploma and then after completing your diploma also, you can go for the degree course.

>But then, you have to understand that diploma would be of 3 years and intermediate would get complete in just 2 years.But with diploma if you do job later after completing your degree then you will get preference over other candidates.
23rd May 2015, 05:51 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can get direct admission in degree course without completing 10+2 through BPP course which is offered by IGNOU.

BPP stands for Bachelor's Preparatory Programme.This course is offered by the University for those students who wish to do Bachelor's Degree but haven't passed 10+2.

There is no need of any formal qualification for admission in BPP course.

The candidate must have attained a minimum age of 18 Years as on 1st Jan. of the Academic Year to get admission for the Course.

The minimum time duration for this course is 6 months and maximum is 2 years.

The admission fee for this course is Rs. 1000/- .

This course is offered in different languages like English, Hindi, Oriya, Tamil, Bengali, Marathi, Telugu, Malyalam & Gujarati.
23rd May 2015, 07:19 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such provision in Indian universities that you can enter into bachelor's degree without pursuing Senior Secondary that is 10+2.

Any candidate who wants to do bachelor's degree in India must go pass:

>>10th from a recognized board.

>>10+2 from a recognized board.

So you must enroll yourself for 10+1 from any institute so that you can appear for 10+2 exams from a recognized board.

You can select any board for 10+2 exams like State boards of state government or CBSE or ICSE or NIOS etc.

You can select the stream as per your interest in 10+2. You can choose any one of the Science, arts or commerce.

Once you pass your 10+2 from a recognized board, you can apply for bachelor's degree in different universities in India. Admission is given on percentage secured in 10+2 exam. So for a good institutes for bachelor's degree study hard with concentration to get good marks in 10+2 board exams.
23rd May 2015, 08:04 PM
savneybillford

No you can't join degree without completing your 10+2. 12th pass out is the minimum criteria for joining degree. You simply need the basics taught in 12th to learn what you will have to learn in degree.

Well now that you have taken 10year break from studies, you may not feel okay to sit among youngsters to complete your 12th. So you can join evening classes. Evening classes are held for students like you. In the day time you can work and in the evenings you can attend classes. And after completing your 12th you can later join degree classes.
23rd May 2015, 10:05 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you are not eligible to admission in the degree course on your 10th std educational qualification. You have made a blunder by making a gap in your study.

The eligibility criteria to get admission in the degree courses from any recognised university are :-
* Candidates who have passed there 10th and then 10+2 from any recognised board are eligible.
* There is no restriction on the discipline of the 10+2 but it plays role in getting the admission in any specific degree course.

So you have to first take admission in 11th standard and then clear your 10+2 board examination with any recognised university.

Then after you are eligible to get admission in the degree course.
24th May 2015, 12:04 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# I don't know the reason behind your dis-continuance of studies after matriculation.

# But now you are keen to resume your studies. But it is practical not possible to take direct admission in any bachelor degree after matriculation.

# It is not possible to do degree without undergoing through intermediate level.

# There are only two ways through which you can admission in degree course which are mentioned below:

* After 10+2 in any stream
* Completion of Diploma after matriculation. Here you can get lateral entry into degree after completion of diploma.
31st May 2015, 11:02 PM
jhavikas39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am sorry to say that without passing 12th you are not eligible for taking admission in any college.

After passing 10th you have three option like:-
> Science stream
> Commerce
> Arts

Depending on you stream in 12th you will select your course.

If you want you can join diploma course like:-
> Mechanical
> Electrical

After that you can do B.tech as through lateral entry,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?